CLAHJ volume I number 1 (1904)

Garstin, John Ribton: Inaugural address, 5-12.

Dolan, J.M.: The early legends of Louth, 13-21.

Morris, Henry: The Tara Brooch, 21-22.

McCarte, J.: Bellew inscriptions-Bellew's Bridge, 22.

Murray, Laurence: Monasteries of Louth, Part I-The pre-Norman monasteries, 23-36.

Ua Cuinn, S. (Quinn, J.): Souterrains of Louth, 37-40.

Barry, Thomas: Castle Guard, Ardee, 43-45.

Enda (Lawless, N.): Where is the Gap of the North? 46.

Morris, Henry: Kilnasaggart Stone, 47-49.

McCarte, James: County Louth election medal, 1755, 50-51.

McCarte, James: Notes and queries: inscribed stone from Castletown, John Bell's articles on local scenes and places, William Shaw Mason's notes in the Public Record Office, Dublin, 51.

Dix, E.R. McClintock: Earliest printing in County Louth, 52-3.

Morris, Henry: The modern Irish poets of Oriel, Breffni and Meath, 54-59.

McCarte, James: John D'Alton's manuscripts [note], 60.

Morris, Henry: Duleek: the Cianachta; and the Battle of Killineer [note], 61.

McCarte, J.: Old Borough records [note], 62.

anonymous: Mr. Redmond McGrath's collection of antiquities, 63-64.


CLAHJ volume I number 2 (1905)

Bigger, Francis Joseph: Annual Address, 5-16.

Morris, Henry: Louthiana: ancient and modern, 17-22.

Garstin, John Ribton: Bellew's Bridge, 23-24.

'Sinn Fein' (Gogarty, T.): Early printing in County Louth, 25-31.

newspaper article: Dublin Penny Magazine, 1833: The Bathe House, Drogheda, 32.

'Enda' (Lawless, N.): Ath-Na-Carpat, 33-35.

Quinn, James: Toigh-An-Alluis: ancient Irish bath houses, 36-37.

Morris, Henry: Relics of the Dundalk Volunteers of 1782, 37-38.

Murray, Lawrence: The early legends of County Louth, 39-44.

Dolan, J.T. (ed.): Colonel Thomas Bellingham's diary [1689], 45-60.

St. Mochta's House, Louth: photo and note (anonymous, but probably by Laurence Murray), facing page 60.

M'Carte, J.: Census of Louth County and Drogheda City, in 1659-60, 61-73.

M'Carte, James: Ordnance Survey manuscripts relating to County Louth, 74-76.

Morris, Henry: An Irish account of Bruce's invasion; entitled "The Battle of Fochart of St. Bridget", 77-91.

(probably Morris, Henry): Kilnasaggart stone [note], 92.

Morris, Henry: Barne's Vave [note], 92.

Tempest, H.G.: Barnavave [note], 92-3.

O'Laverty, Rt. Rev. Mgr.: New Grange [quotation from Ulster Journal of Archaeology], 93.

Morris, Henry: Mr. Owen Smith's Antiquities, 93.

Skelly, A.M. & Barry, Thomas: Correspondence-Castle Guard, Ardee, 94-95.


CLAHJ volume I number 3 (1906)

Bellingham, Sir Henry: Annual address [about the Ardagh Chalice], 5-14.

Buckley, James (ed.): Military operations in the County Louth, in 1689-90, as described in the journal of Captain John Stevens, 15-35.

Buckley, James (ed.): A contemporary letter descriptive of military operations in County Louth in 1689, 36-37.

Morris, Henry (ed.): Louthiana: ancient and modern, 38-45.

Lloyd, J.H.: The legend of Proleek, 46-48.

Gogarty, T: County Louth bye-election in 1767, 49-53.

'Enda' (Lawless, N.): Killaine in Slieve Breagh, 54-58.

O'Connell, V.J.: Window in church in Castletown graveyard, Dundalk, facing page 56.

MacCarte, James: Notes on County Louth regiments of the Irish Volunteers of 1782, 59-63.

Murray, Laurence: Family names in Louth, 64-76.

Morris, Henry: The Magdalene Tower, Drogheda, 77.

Henry Morris: Dunmahon Castle, 78-83.

Cooke, John: digest of lecture on Irish archaeology, 84-87.

Morris, Henry: Some place-names in the Tain, 88-90.

Morris, Henry: Collection of antiquities belonging to Mr. Henry Morris, 93-94.

anonymous: Antiquities in the possession of Mr. Joseph T. Dolan, Ardee, 94.

anonymous: Barne's Vave [note], 95.

'Enda' (Lawless, N.): Bridge-â-Fein [note], 95.

anonymous: Ath Cruithne [note], 96.

Crossle, Francis C.: Stone circle in Ravensdale Park [note], 96.

Morris, Henry: Steven's diary [note], 96-97.

Morris, Henry: Slieve Gullion cairn [note], 97.

Morris, Henry: Querns [note], 97.

Morris, Henry: Finds in bogs [note], 97.

Tempest, H.G.: photograph of St. Mochta's House, facing page 99.


CLAHJ volume I number 4 (1907)

Fitzgerald, Lord Walter: Notes on the Feena-Erin, Finn MacCoole, and the latter's principal abode-the Hill of Allen in the County Kildare, 5-22.

'Enda' (Lawless, N.): Lughmagh-Cluain-Caoin, Knock-na-Seangan, 23-27.

Morris, Henry: The shrine of St. Patrick's bell, 28.

Laverty, Charles: The old name of Castleblayney, 29-33.

Gogarty, T: The burial place of St. Fanchea, 34-46.

document: Map of Drogheda in 1749, facing page 40.

Morris, Henry: Cuchulainn's pillar stone, 47-50.

Dolan, Joseph T.: Early legends of Louth, 51-52.

Tempest H.G.: Cast bronze pot, recently found in Dundalk, 53-56.

Morris, Henry (ed.): Louthiana: ancient and modern, 57-61.

Dix E.R., M'C.: Some Dundalk song books, 62-63.

Henry Morris: Some local sheet ballads, 64.

Henry Morris: Family papers, 65-72.

O'Gorman, E.: Place names and legends, 73-74.

Murray, Laurence: The post-Norman monasteries of Louth, 75-99.

Henry Morris: Speech of Mr. King, professor of Irish, the day of the great Repeal organisation: Dundalk, 29th June, 1843. Delivered to the congregation at Stabannon chapel, 100-102.

Tempest, William: Origin of the Drogheda Argus, 103.

anonymous: List of Irish antiquities belonging to Sir Henry Bellingham, Bart., at Bellingham Castle, 104.

anonymous: Mr. Redmond MacGrath's second list of antiquities, 105-107.

MacCarte, James: County Louth ordnance in 1689, "from an abstract of all the ordnance in his Majesty's Kingdom of Ireland in 1685", 108-109.

Tempest, H.G.: Bellew inscriptions [note], 109.

M'Carte, J.: Correction [re Louth Volunteers article in Volume I, number 3], 110.

M'Carte, J.: Query ["Letter to the inhabitants of Newry"], 110.

MacCarte, James: Note on a gallaun, or pillar-stone, 110.

Horan, Mary J.: The O'Hanlons [note], 110.

Horan, Mary J.: The Kelly-Concannon vault in Louth old cemetery [note], 110.

Henry Morris: Coins [collection for sale], 111.

Henry Morris: Election medal [1755, for sale], 111.

Henry Morris: Joint stock companies (query), 111.

Evatt, G.J.H.: Place names in County Louth, 111.

anonymous [probably Quinn, J.]: Re-union and lecture in Drogheda [includes map of Drogheda in 1649].


CLAHJ volume II number 1 (1908)

MacCaffrey, James: Annual Meeting [lecture on Richard Fitzralph of Dundalk], 5-13.

Gogarty, Thomas: Footsteps of St. Feighin in Louth, 14-18.

Gogarty, T.: An interesting Drogheda inscription, 19-20.

"Enda" (Lawless, N.): Faughan and Proleek, 21-23.

Coleman, James: Bibliography of the counties of Louth, Meath, Westmeath and Longford, 24-26.

"Enda" (Lawless, N.): Killaine in Slieve Breagh, 27-28.

Stubbs, F.W.: Place names in the County of Louth, 29-39.

Stubbs, F.W.: Holy wells in County Louth, 40.

Stubbs, F.W.: Wells bearing Irish names, 40.

Morris, Henry: Motes and their origin, 41-44.

Kirwan, Patrick: The Byrnes Of County Louth, 45-49.

Orpen, Goddard H.: The origin of Irish motes, 50-56.

Ua Cuinn, Seumas: The O'Hanlon tomb and arms in Newtown cemetery, Lordship, 57-61.

Donnellan, L.: Carolaniana, 62-71.

O'Grady, Standish: quotation, 71

Ua Muireadhaigh, Lorcán P.: Danish Louth, 72-77.

D, L. & Q, J. [L. Donnellan & James Quinn?]: Words and music (traditional) of Úir Chille Creagan, 78-82.

Ua Cuinn, Seumas: Two memorial wayside crosses-Taaffes and MacMahons, 83-84.

W., M: Louthiana: ancient and modern-Mount Ash, 85.

Ua Cuinn, Seumas: Louthiana: ancient and modern-Rathdrumin, 86.

Tempest, H.G.: Louthiana: ancient and modern-Raskeagh, 88-89.

Gogarty, T.: Place names in County Louth [note], 89.

anonymous: Ballinlough [location of-note], 89.


CLAHJ volume II number 2 (1909)

John, 3rd Marquis of Bute: Brendan's fabulous voyage, 109-123.

"Enda" [Lawless, N.]: Faughan, Druimenna. Lerga, Dundealgan, 124-127.

Stubbs, F.W.: Place names in the County of Louth, (continued), 128-138.

Tempest, H.G.: Louthiana : ancient and modern-Dundugan Fort 139.

Leslie, J.B.: Louthiana : ancient and modern-Lisnarann, 141.

Donnellan, L.: Oriel songs and dances, 142-148.

Gogarty, Thomas: The Archbishop of Armachane's Opinion Toucheinge Irelande, delivered in julye, 1558, 149-164.

Buckley, J. (ed.): The journal of Thomas Wright, author of Louthiana (1711-1786), 165-185.

Quinn, J.: Kilnasagart, 186-190.

Ua Cuinn Seumas: The O'Hanlon tomb and arms, in Newtown Cemetery, Lordship, 191-192.

Dolan J.T.: Ardee Corporation, 193-197.

O'Kelly H.: The Moate, Dorsey or Dorsey Dun, 197-198.

Garstin, John Ribton: The arms and seal of Dundalk, 205-206.

Ashby, Thomas: Destruction of ancient monuments, 200.

anonymous; Burial place, Mullanstown, Ardee [note], 204-5.

anonymous: Inismot, position of [query], 207.

Bigger, F. J: Drogheda Harpist Society [note], 207.

D, L & Q, J. [L. Donnellan & James Quinn?]: Úir Cille Creagan [correction], 207.

"Enda" [Lawless, N.]: Dundealgan [correction], 207.


CLAHJ volume II number 3 (1910)

Murray, L.: St. Patrick and Louth, 213-236.

Gogarty, T. (ed.): Drogheda Corporation Book of Oathes, 1783, 237-246.

Hobson, Mary: The great burial mounds of Loughcrew, County Meath, 247-253.

Morris, Henry: Emania at the present day, 254-256.

Ua Taillamhain, Séamus: Duleek and its environs, 257-261.

Morris, Henry: Manaan Castle, 262-271.

Gogarty, T.: The form of penance to be performed at St. Patrick's Purgatory in Lough Derg, 272-274.

Murray, L.: The burial-place of St. Fanchea: Fuinsheog, Kilslaughtery or Killany, 275-284.

Stubbs, F.W.: Place names in the County of Louth (E to N), 285-298.

Tempest, H.G.: Louthiana: past and present-Mount or Moat Albani, 299-300.

"Enda" [Lawless, N.]: Dundealgain; Tomhas-Na-Luinge, 301-304.

Macardle, P.L.: Baptismal font at the Old Chapel, Dundalk, 305-306.

Morris, Henry: An Irish poem from County Down, 307-313.

anonymous: Dun Dealgan, 314-316,

anonymous: Death tokens, 323.

Morris, Henry: Marriage Customs, 323-324.

MacDonnell, Peter P.: Seatown Castle, 324.

MacDonnell, Peter P.: The word "Proleek", 324.

anonymous: Inscription on monumental slab in wall of the ancient cathedral of Aghold, County Wicklow, 324.

Tempest, H.G.: Cist and clay urn [Tankardsrock], 325.


CLAHJ volume II number 4 (1911)

Murray, L.: St. Columba in Louth, 337-346.

Stubbs, F.W.: Place names in the County of Louth (concluded), 350-362.

Gogarty, Thomas: Henry Jones, bricklayer and poet, 363-374.

"Enda" [Lawless, N.]: Killaine In Slieve Breagh, 375-381.

Gogarty, Thomas: The burial-place of St. Fanchea, 382-386.

MacDonnell, Peter: The Battle of Ballybregan or Braganstown, Co. Louth, 1328-39, 387-388.

Murray L., Dundealgan and its pillar-stone, the Lia Lingadan, 389-397.

Leslie, James B.: The Clinton family in County Louth, 398-412.

Armstrong, E.C.R.: The inaugural lecture: the Bronze Age in Ireland, 413-414.

MacDonnell, Peter: How was Edward Bruce killed? 415-416.

Donnellan, L.: Eibhlín a Rúin, 417-425.

O'C, S. [James Quinn]: Louthiana: Ancient and modern-Killanny Moat, 426-428.

Tempest, Harry G.: Louthiana: Ancient and modern-Fort at Ballinahattina, Dundalk, 428-429.

O'C, S. [James Quinn]: Louthiana: Ancient and modern-Castle Ring Moat, 429-430.

Murray, L.: The burial-place of St. Fanchea, 431-433.

Tempest, H.G.: Lisnachuggle, a County Louth cathair, 434-435.

Morris, Henry: Revue Celtique: note of the most important pieces bearing on Irish history and literature, 436.

Tempest, H.G.: Sweat house at Ravensdale [note], 440.

anonymous: Mount Bagnal Fort [note], 440.

Morris, Henry: Manaan Castle [note], 440.

anonymous: Old graves found at St. Leonard's, Dundalk [note], 441.

Leslie, J.B.: Hearth-Money Rolls of 1664 and 1667 [note], 441.

MacDonnell, Peter: Cloch Thógalta Cromlech [note], 441.

Leslie, J.B.: Rev. Patrick Dunkin [note], 442.

MacDonnell, Peter: Rath [note], 442.

Leslie, J.B.: Rev. Elliot Hudson [note], 442.

Leslie, J.B.: MSS. Relating to Co. Louth, 442.

Dolan, Joseph T.: Dun Dealgan and its opening, 451-452.


CLAHJ volume III number 1 (1912)

Donnellan, Luke: Traditional Irish and Highland airs, 5-15.

Élgeach, Fiachra: Patrick Dungin (note), 15.

Morris, Henry: The Adventure of St. Columba's clerics, 16-18.

Carolan, Francis: O'Neill's Castle in Dungooly, 19-20.

Tempest, Harry G.: Some further Louth Souterrains, 21-26.

Grattan Flood, W.H.: Eibhlin A Rúin, 27.

Morris, Henry: A Faughart Monument, 28-29.

M'Carte, James: County Louth Medals, 29-30.

Enda (Lawless, Nicholas): Rathcoole, Ui Segain, Leire, 31-35.

Muller, Max: The destruction of antiquities, 36.

Morris, Henry: The stone and bronze ages in our Museum (at Dun Dealgan, Dundalk), 37-46.

Enda (Lawless, Nicholas): Faughart, Crioch Ross and Smarmore, 47-50.

Kelly, Hugh: Conan's Grave, 51.

Murray, Laurence P.: The ancient territories Of Oirghialla, Uladh and Conaille Muirthemhne, 52-65.

Morris, Henry: Weavers' iron candle-holders, 66-67.

Tempest Harry G.: Bronze ring-pin, 67.

Gogarty, Thomas: County Louth depositions, 1641, 68-79.

Morris, Henry: Welcome to Viscount Townsend-Fáilte do'n Tighearna Townsend. Composed by Maurice O'Gorman, 80-82.

Dolan, Joseph T.: Drogheda trade and customs, 1683, 83-103.

Tempest, Harry G.: Bellew inscriptions, 104-106.

Ó Ceallaigh, Aodh: Sepulchral clay urn, 108.

Tempest, Harry G.: Pillar Stone at Belrobin, Barronstown (note), 109.

M'Carte, James: County Louth Token Coinage (note), 109.

"W.T." (William Tempest?): Wright's "Louthiana" and Boswell's "Historical antiquities of England and Wales" (note), 109.

M'Carte, James: The Stone of Decapitation, Faughart (note), 109.

Tempest, Harry G.: The name Proleek (note), 109.

M'Carte, James: "Letters to the inhabitants of Newry" (note), 110.

Tempest, Harry G.: John D'Alton's MS (note), 110.

M'Carte, James: MSS. relating to the County Louth (note), 110.

Parlin, H.: Louth Place Names (note), 110.

Power, P.: Cashel, historical sketch, 117-118.


CLAHJ volume III number 2 (1913)

MacSweeney, P.M.: Some phases of "Celtic" culture, 133-148.

Hurson, Charles: Annacloghmullion, 149-153.

Murray Laurence P.: Dundealgain in the eighteenth century, 154-155.

Enda (Lawless), Nicholas: Muirtheimhne, 156-166.

Gogarty, Thomas: County Louth depositions, 1641, 167-177.

Donnellan, Luke: Eibhlin a Rúin, 178-180.

Murray Laurence P.: Old times in Dundalk and its neighbourhood, 181-188.

Morris, H.: Welcome to the Primate Brian MacMahon, Archbishop of Armagh, 1738, 189-192.

Stubbs, Miss: Cahir Cuchulainn or "Cuchulainn's House", Co. Kerry (note), 193.

Tempest, Harry G.: Stone circle in Co. Louth (note), 194.

Morris, H.: Viscount Townsend, 194-5.

Tempest, Harry G.: Diagram of the inscription on the Bellew-Nugent 1588 cenotaph, 195.

?Tempest, Harry G.: Diagram of the inscription on the Mortimer-Brady tombstone, 1634, 196.


CLAHJ volume III number 3 (1914)

Dolan, Joseph T.: The Cross of Muiredach [summary of a lecture by R.A.S. Macalister] 209-212.

Murray, L.: Omeath, 213-231.

O'Dowd, Peadar: Place-names in Omeath, 232-236.

Henry, Augustine: Woods and trees of Ireland, 237-245.

Morris, Henry: "Cassidy's rag"-the growth of a superstition, 246.

Enda (Lawless, Nicholas): Magh Clochar, 247-249.

Dolan, Joseph T. & Lynch, Daniel: Exports from Drogheda in 1683, for the quarter July-September 1683, 250-258.

Carolan, Francis: Seven battles: Irish, Danes and Anglo-Normans, 259-260.

Dolan, Joseph T. & Lynch, Daniel: County Louth brewers and retailers, 1683, 261-266.

Morris, H.: Domhnall MacCiaigh, Easpog Dúin (Daniel Mackey, Bishop of Down, 1673), 267-272.

Tempest, H.G. (ed.): The roll of the sovereigns and burgesses of Carlingford, 1706-1828, 273-283.

Tempest, Harry G.: Notes on Carlingford Corporation, 283-287.

Carolan, Francis: Note on the Knights of St. George, 287.

Enda (Lawless, Nicholas): Liathross (note), 301.

Enda (Lawless, Nicholas): St. Fintan of Dromin (note), 301.


CLAHJ volume III number 4 (1915)

O'Connell, F.W.: The philosophy of Aodh MacDomhnaill, 311-317.

Murray, Laurence P.: A Louth Irish manuscript in New York, 318-322.

Enda (Lawless, Nicholas): Armagh, Cloghar and Louth, 323-329.

Murray, Laurence P.: Before Kinsale-and after, 330-338.

Morris, Henry: The "Ship Temple" near Dundalk, 339-346.

Garstin, John Ribton: List of documents transferred from Armagh Diocesan Registry to the Public Record Office, Dublin, 347-356.

Dolan, Joseph T.: The Minute Book of the Corporation of Ardee. A.D.1661 onwards, 357-362.

Dolan, Joseph T.: Seizures at Dundalk and Drogheda, 1795, 363-364.

Morris, Henry: Some Irish superstitions, 365-368.

Murray, L.P.: Poets and poetry of the parish of Kilkerley, Haggardstown, 369-384.

Macalister, R.A.S. & Dolan, Joseph T.: The Ogham inscription at Barnafeadog, County Louth, 385-387.

Morris, Henry: Fáilte Maighistir Ió Pluinceat, 388-393.

Tempest, H.G.: A hosting at Castle Roche, 1561, 394-395.

Morris, H. & Tempest, H.G. (query and reply): Dundalk Charter School, 396.

Morris, Henry: Church of Kilfursa (note), 396.

anonymous: Owen or Eugene MacMahon, Archbishop of Dublin (note), 396.

Tempest, H.G.: Old Dundalk names (note), 396.


CLAHJ volume IV number 1 (1916)

Lett, H.W.: The trench or "wall" of Ulster, 5-7.

Enda (Lawless, Nicholas): Armagh, Cloghar and Louth, 8-13.

Cole, Grenville A.J.: The County of Louth: its surface and its foundation-stones, 14-16.

Lawlor, H.J.: Lecture on Irish illuminated manuscripts, 17-25.

Bellew, the Hon. Mrs. Richard: Some notes on the family of Warrens of Warrenstown, County Louth, 26-34.

Dolan, Joseph T.: The minute book of the Corporation of Ardee. A.D. 1661 onwards, 35-41.

Murray, L.P.: The poets and poetry of Kilkerley (continued), 42-60.

Armstrong, E.C.R.: Impression of the seal of the Chapter of Canons of St. Mary's, Louth, [between pp 60 and 61]

Macalister, R.A.S.: An ancient cemetery, Mooretown, Ardee, 61.

Gogarty, T.: The Abbey of SS. Peter and Paul, Knock, 62-69.

Ó Muirgheasa, Énrí: Lament for Brian, son of Coll MacMahon, 70-75.

document: Some extracts from Irish State Papers, 76-79.

Esposito, M.: The Cathach of St. Columba, 80-83.

Garstin, John Ribton: The Co. Louth Ordnance Survey Letters, 1835-6, preliminary memorandum, 84-87.

document: The Co. Louth Ordnance Survey Letters, 1835-6, 88-103.

Macalister, R.A.S.: Ancient inscribed tombstones at Drogheda and Dunleer, 104-105.

Ó Ceallaigh, Aodh: Find of bog butter (note), 106.

Murray, L.P.: "The Redshank's Galleys" (note), 106.

Murray, L.P.: Old Dundalk names (note), 106.

Murray, L.P.: Church of Kilfursa (note), 106.


CLAHJ volume IV number 2 (1917)

Lawlor H.J.: The genesis of the Diocese of Clogher,129-159.

Enda (Lawless, Nicholas): SS. Donnchadh, Sodeb and Teca, etc.,160-161.

Leslie, J.B.: Some notes on Dundalk, 162-168.

Gogarty, Thomas: St. Mary's Abbey, Louth, 169-189.

Murray, L.P.: Poets and poetry of Kilkerley (continued), 190-198.

Enda (Lawless, Nicholas): Le Camestreet, Le Campstreet Lane, The Big Bridge. etc., 199-201.

Morris, H.: Irish Annals, 202-204.

document: Louth Ordnance Survey Letters (continued), 205-206.


CLAHJ volume IV number 3 (1918)

Blake, R. Marlay: Folk lore, with some account of the ancient Gaelic leeches and the state of the art of medicine in ancient Erin, 217-225.

Lawlor H.J.: Fragments of a lost register of the Diocese of Clogher, 226-257.

Morris, Henry: Some Ulster proverbs, 258-272.

document: Louth Ordnance Survey Letters (continued), 273.


CLAHJ volume IV number 4 (1919-20)

Butler, W.F.: Some episodes of the Civil War of 1641-53 in Louth, 277-289.

Enda (Lawless, Nicholas): Barnesvave and Barr Neava, 290-291.

O'Murray, L.: Poets of Kilkerley and Neighbourhood (continued), 292-297.

Enda (Lawless, Nicholas): St. Sillan of Imbliuch Cassain in Cooley, 298-300.

Lawless, Nicholas: Dromiskin Celtic Cross, 301.

anonymous: A County Louth election of 1755, 302-303.

document: Disturbances in the County Louth, A.D. 1312, 304-307.

document: Gentlemen of County Louth, c. A.D. 1600, 308-310.

document: County Louth representatives in the Irish Parliament, 1613-1758, 311-317.

Morris, H.: Heating stones, 318-319.

Morris, H.: Some features of bronze swords, 320-323.

Enda (Lawless, Nicholas): Louth, Armagh And Cloghar, 324-329.

Enda (Lawless, Nicholas): The Wolf's Path in Cooley, 330-332.

document: Louth Ordnance Survey Letters (continued), 333-339.

Bigger, Francis Joseph: Drogheda and Boyne pictures, 340.

Parlin, Henry: St. Fintan, Abbot of Dromin, 341-343.

document: References to St. Colmcille in Louth (extract from Manus O'Donnell's Life of Colmcille, 1532), 344.

Garstin, J.R.: The east window of St. Nicholas' Parish Church, Dundalk. Notes on the stained glass and inscriptions, 345-348.

Stubbs, F.W.: A projected history of County Louth, 349-355.

Stubbs, F.W.: Stone monuments of Louth, 356-358.

Morris, Henry: The death of Patrick Fleming, 359-366.

Macardle, P.L.: The Coronation of Edward Bruce, 367-369.

Ó Dóláin, Seosimh: Early partitions of Ireland, 370-374.

document: Louth Members of the Irish Parliament, 375- 386.

Macardle, P.L.: Blessed Oliver Plunkett Church at Ballybarrack (note), 387.

Macalister, R.A.S.: Cloghafarmore pillar stone, Knockbridge (note), 387.

anonymous: Mr. Garstin's manuscript collections (note), 387.

anonymous: Drogheda pictures (note), 387.


CLAHJ volume V number 1 (1921)

Garstin, John Ribton: Some inscriptions in Irish in the County of Louth, 3-12.

Curtis, E.: The Fitz Rerys, Welsh Lords of Cloghran, Co. Dublin, 13-17.

McKenna, L. (ed.): Poem To O Conchobhair Sligigh, by Maol Sheachluinn na nUirsgeal Ó hUiginn,18-22.

Cole, Grenville A.J.: The passing of the chalk, 23-24.

Cole, Grenville A.J.: Proleek Cromleck (note), 24.

Grattan Flood, W.H.: Patrick Byrne, the blind harper of County Louth, 25-27.

probably Stubbs, F.W. (ed.): Louth Ordnance Survey Letters (continued), 28-34.

Morris, Henry: From "The Triads Of Ireland", 35-36.

Bigger, Francis Joseph: A Drogheda schoolmaster-Rev. James Porter, 37.

"Enda" (Lawless, N.): Schomberg, James and William at Castletown, 38-44.

McGrath, Redmond (ed.): Dundalk Corporation accounts [1755-59], 45-48, & note on p84.

anonymous (ed.): The charter of Dunleer Corporation, 49-57.

anonymous: Termonfeckin Castle 58-60.

Bigger, Francis Joseph: Samuel Bryson, a Belfast Gaelic scholar, the Dundalk Presbyterian ministry, and the Irish language, 61-62.

Bigger, Francis Joseph (contrib.): Souterrains: tumuli in County Louth opened and destroyed. Letter to the Drogheda Argus, January 1848, probably written by James T. Rowland of Drogheda, 63-64.

Tempest, H.G.: A souterrain at Dromiskin, 65.

Stubbs, F.W.: Projected history of County Louth, (continued), 66-68.

anonymous: A County Louth translator of Dante [mentioned in lecture by Count Plunkett], 68.

probably McGrath, Redmond (ed.): Ardee Corporation reports: Official return of the election of members from the Borough of Ardee to the last Parliament of Ireland, 1797, and An acct. of the number of Papists and Protestants in the Co. of Louth, 1732, 69-71.

Murray Laurence P., The Pre-Christian history of Ireland, 72-80.

McGrath, Redmond: Notes to Dundalk Corporation accounts [accounts above, pp45-48], 84.

Bigger, Francis Joseph: Notes and queries [John Skelton, Dundalk schoolmaster], 85.


CLAHJ volume V number 2 (1922)

Deane, J. (trans. & ed.): Extracts from Isaac Butler's journal, 93-108.

Ua Muireadhaigh, Lorcán P. (ed.): Déalradh án lae. The County Louth original of Mangan's famous poem, 109-111.

Morris, Henry: A Farney piper's tunes, 112-114.

O'Murray, Laurence P. (ed.): A Louth taxation list of the 15th century, 115-119.

document: A letter from Duke Schomberg's camp, December, 1689. Giving an account of the condition of the English and Irish army, 120.

anonymous (ed.): Minutes of Dunleer Corporation, 121-126.

probably Stubbs, F.W. (ed.): Louth Ordnance Survey Letters (continued), 127-137.


CLAHJ volume V number 3 (1923)

Dobbs, Margaret E.: The pedigree and family of Flann Manistrech, 149-153.

Murray, Desmond P.: A forgotten saint, 154 (picture), 155-160 (text).

MacNeill, Charles (trans. & ed.): The Suppression Commission of 1539 and religious houses in Co. Louth, 1539, 161-165.

document: The Cairn on Slieve Gullion (extracted from the Statistical Survey of Co. Armagh, by Sir Charles Coote, 1804), 165.

MacNeill, Charles: The De Verdons and the Draycots, 166-172.

Butler, W.F.: Some notes on the Cromwellian and Restoration settlements in County Louth, 173-175.

document: Dundalk Corporation records, 176-178.

Dolan, Joseph T.: Knock Abbey, 179-183.

Morris, Henry: Some additional Ulster proverbs, 184-188.

Stubbs, F.W.: Inhabitants of Louth in the thirteenth century. Co Louth names according to the Receipt Rolls. From Sweetman's Calendar [with note by Charles McNeill], 189-192.

Bellew, The Hon. Mrs. Gerald: Some notes on the family of Bellew of Thomastown, Co. Louth [with note by the Editor], 193-197.

probably Stubbs, F.W. (ed.): Louth Ordnance Survey Letters (continued), 198-206.

Murray, L.P. (ed. & trans.): An Irish diary of the Confederate Wars, 207-225.

Crawford, Henry S.: Irish inscriptions in County Louth [note], 226-227.

MacNeill, C.: Butler's Journal (scholia to J. Deane's article in last year's Journal), 227.


CLAHJ volume V number 4 (1924)

Garstin, John Ribton: Records of the Northern Rangers Hunt Club, Dundalk, 1774, 233-237.

Murray, L.P. (ed. & trans.): An Irish diary of the Confederate Wars (continued), 238-251.

Dobbs, Margaret E.: Cuchullain, an Irishman or a Briton? 252-253.

Morris, Henry (ed.): The Anthologia Hibernica, 255-257.

anonymous: Townland survey of County Louth-An attempt to make a specimen townland survey on the lines of which it is hoped eventually to record the whole of the county. Townland of Donaghmore, Dundalk, 258-261.

Dolan, Joseph: The Ford of Ferdiad, 262-266.

Tempest, H.G. (notes by B.R.T. Balfour): Two residences of the Townley family in Co. Louth, 267-269.

MacNeill, Charles: Some early documents relating to English Uriel and towns of Drogheda and Dundalk-I. the Draycott family; II. The grants to the Hospital of St. John, Thomas Street, Dublin, 270-277.

probably Stubbs, F.W. (ed.): Louth Ordnance Survey Letters (continued), 278-282.

Probably the Editor: notes on the Annual Excursion include illustrations of Loughcrew and Fore, 283-284.


CLAHJ volume VI number 1 (1925)

McNeill, Charles: Castletown and Roche, 1-2.

Parlin, H.: Dates of St. Columba's birth, exile and death, 3.

Fitzpatrick, Thomas (ed.): The Royal Visitation of 1622. T.C.D. MS E.36, 4-11.

Garstin, J.R.: Louth court documents, Public Record Office, Dublin. List compiled in 1907; documents destroyed in Record Office fire, 1922, 12-15.

Emerson N. D.: Donnchadh Ua Cearbhaill, 16-23.

document: A county election in 1761, 24-27.

Morris, Henry (extracted by): O'Gorman's Martyrology, [County Louth saints], 28-31.

(photographs of Nendrum on plate facing p32.)

Murray, L.P. (ed. & trans.): An Irish diary of the Confederate Wars, (continued), 32-37.

(plan of St. Mochaoi's monastery, Nendrum, and illustrations of sundials, 38.)

probably Stubbs, F.W. (ed.): Louth Ordnance Survey Letters (continued), 39-49.

anonymous: Books from the late Lord Carlingford's library. Presented to the County Louth Archaeological Society by Mr. F.F. Urquhart, Balliol College, Oxford, 50-52.

the Editor: Macaire Conaille (note), 53.

anonymous: Wexford '98 men in Co. Louth (query re extract from Hay's History of the Irish Insurrection of 1798), 53.

anonymous: Sir Walter Scott in Dundalk, 1825 (note from book by Lockhart), 53.

(photographs of finds from Nendrum on plate facing p56)


CLAHJ volume VI number 2 (1926)

(frontispiece: photograph of urns from Oakhill townland, Co. Louth)

Morris, Henry: Ath da Ferta, 61-76.

(photograph of two fragments of urns from Oakhill townland, Co. Louth, plate facing p. 76)

Stubbs, F.W. (ed.): A Carlingford election petition, 1705, 77-78.

Garstin, J.R. (ed.): Hearth Money Rolls of County Louth, Drogheda extracts. Historical note by Charles McNeill, 79-87.

anonymous: Some eighteenth century Dundalk leases, 88-89.

Murray, Laurence P.: Calendar of the Register of Primate George Dowdall, commonly called the "Liber Niger" or "Black Book", 90-100.

Tempest, William (ed.): Records of County Louth Assizes, 101-102.

anonymous: The late Francis Joseph Bigger, M.A., M.R.I.A., 103-105.

anonymous: Urquhart collection of books belonging to the Society, in Drogheda Free Library: regulations for use, 110.

Lawlor, H.C.: Query whether any copy of Hearth Money Rolls for Monaghan, Cavan, Armagh or Fermanagh is known to exist (query), 110.

anonymous: Placenames in Dundalk leases (query), 110.


CLAHJ volume VI number 3 (1927)

Emerson, N.D.: Mr. Speaker Foster, 117-127.

probably Stubbs, F.W. (ed.): Louth Ordnance Survey Letters-Killencoole, Shanlis; notes on Dromin, Mosstown and Haggardstown [note on latter by Mary Whitworth], 128-130.

Morris, Henry: "Da" In Irish Place Names, 130-134.

Morris, Henry (ed.): Father Brian MacHenry, Drogheda, 1757, 135.

Murray, L.P. (ed. & trans.): An Irish diary of the Confederate Wars, continued, 136-145.

anonymous: The Ancient Monuments Advisory Committee of Northern Ireland, 146.

Murray, Laurence P.: A calendar of the Register of Primate George Dowdall, commonly called the "Liber Niger" or "Black Book", (continued), 147-158.

anonymous: Notes.-Two bronze cauldrons from Ramelton and Farney (note), 164, & plate facing 156.


CLAHJ volume VI number 4 (1928)

Morris, Henry: Peadar O Gealacain, a great Irish scribe, 167-180.

Garstin, John Ribton (ed.): Hearth Money Rolls, 1663-1664, 181-189.

Morris, H.: Picts, Scots and Gaels, some views of Scottish writers, 190-193.

McNeill O Farrell, Miss (trans.): Possessions belonging to the late Hospital of Saint Leonard next Dundalk, 194-198.

Emerson, N.D.: Mr. Speaker Foster (Conclusion), 199-209.

McKenna, Philip (ed.): Theobald Verdon of Clonmore's petition for the restoration of his lands after the Cromwellian confiscation, 210-212.

Murray, Laurence P.: A calendar of the Register of Primate George Dowdall, commonly called the "Liber Niger" or "Black Book" (continued), 213-228.

Bellew, the Honble. Mrs.: John Bellew of Willistown, 1606-1679, with some account of his troubles in Cromwell's wars, 229-212.

document: Louth rapparees [from the Dublin Gazette, No. 1081, 19th February 1714], 238.

McNeill, Charles (ed.): Some Drogheda gilds and properties, 239-246.

Dolan, J.: The Down Survey or Cromwellian plantation maps of Louth [and drawing of fragment of Down Survey parish map of Dundalk which survived the 1711 fire (destroyed 1922), facing page 230], 247-249.

Murray, L.P.: Father Brian MacHenry, O.P., Drogheda, 250-252.

anonymous: Recent finds in Co. Louth [burial urns at Inniskeen; thirteenth-century coins at Annagassan; Saxon coins at Smarmore, Ardee; foundations of the old town gate and old market house in Ardee], 253-255.

Gogan, L.S.: The Goirtin find, illustration 256, text 257-260.

McClintock, H.F.: The Boyne curach or coracle, 261-262.

Tempest, H.G.: Rooskey Priory, 263-264.

Morris, H. (ed.): Peter Galligan's visit to Belfast, 205-269.

Tempest, H.G.: Three seventeenth century maps of Dundalk, 270-274.

document: Jurors of County Louth in 1777, 275-276.


CLAHJ volume VII number 1 (1929)

Gógan, L.S.: The Bronze Age urn cemetery of Cnoc na Rátha, 5-18.

Leslie, J.B. (transcr.): Inquisition concerning the parishes of County Louth, 1658, 19-41.

Mahr, A.M.: A hoard of coins found near Annagassan, 42-45.

document with anonymous introduction: Returns of property of monasteries at Dissolution, 46-52.

Document (J.Dolan ed.): Louth Ordnance Survey Letters, (continued), 53-68.

Murray, L.P.: An Irish diary of the Confederate Wars, 59-77.

Murray, L.P.: A calendar of the register of Primate George Dowdall, commonly called the "Liber Niger" or "Black Book"

(continued), 78-95.

Martin, Joseph: Townland Survey of County Louth (continued), Townland of Cortial, 96-99.

Tempest, H.G.: Sir Gerard Irvine, bart., buried at Dundalk, 1689 (note), 100.

?Tempest, H.G.: Barnard Papers (note), 100.

?Tempest, H.G.: County Armagh objects in the British Museum (note), 100.

?Tempest, H.G.: County Louth objects in the British Museum (note), 101.

Tempest, H.G.: Gold pendant from Mellifont Abbey (note), 101.

Dolan, J.T.: Seventeenth century maps of Ardee Town, 108-109.


CLAHJ volume VII number 2 (1930)

Murray, L.P.: The Fottrell papers, 124-152.

Gógan, L.S.: A perforated stone pickaxe from North East Louth; its position in Irish Archaeology, 153-167.

Murray, L.P.: Old title deeds of County Louth, 168-173.

Corcoran, P., Ua Dubhda, P., Ua Mairtin, S. & McCooey, J.G.: Townland survey of County Louth:-Plaster, Baronstown, Ballinfuil, Callystown, 175-186.

Tempest, H.G: The Dorsey: some notes on the large entrenchment in the T.L. of Dorsey in the south of the County of Armagh, 187-240.

Murray, L.P.: An Irish diary of the Confederate Wars, (continued), 241-257.

Murray, L.P.: A calendar of the Register of Primate George Dowdall, commonly called the "Liber Niger" or "Black Book"

(continued), 258-275.

Leslie, J.B.: Records of County Louth, 276-281.

Hackett, J. Dominick: Sir William Johnson, Bart ("Johnson Of The Mohawks"), 288-289.

anonymous: Bronze objects from Ardee, 289.

anonymous: Raskeagh (1366 and 1566), 290.

anonymous: Maeldun (query), 290.

document: Ballymacdermott and Annacloghmullin chambered cairns, Co. Armagh, from MS. records of South Armagh Ramblers' Club: 291-293.

Murray, L.P.: MacMahon's "Black Rent" from Co. Louth, 294.


CLAHJ volume VII number 3 (1931)

Gógan, L.S.: Pottery in County Louth-The Monasterboice burial, 331-334.

Murray, L.P.: Life and times of Father Edmond Murphy, Parish Priest of Killeavy and Chanter of Armagh, 335-381.

Corcoran, P.: Townland Survey of County Louth (continued), T.Ls. of Carrickarobin, Carrickalust, Lacknagreagh and Magherareagh, 382-386.

Tempest, H.G. & Gogan, L.S.: Bronze Age carved stone, Carrickrobin T.L., 387-389.

Ó Tuathail, Éamonn: The contents of the Gallegan MS. in the Library of the University of Edinburgh, 390-401.

Murray, L.P.: Old title deeds of County Louth (continued), 402-406.

Branigan, L.F.: An old view of Drogheda, 406.

Tempest, H.G.: The Dorsey entrenchment, some corrigenda and further notes, 407-411.

Morris, H.: Art MacCooey and Father Lamb, 412-418.

Murray, L.P.: Hearth Money Rolls. Barony of Orior, 1664, 419-431.

Bigger, Francis Joseph: Military movements in Dundalk, 1793, 432-433.

Murray, L.P.: Dundalk Assizes, 1793. Extract from the Dublin Chronicle, April 18th 1793, 434.

Tempest, H.G.: Pale Ditch at Cardistown (note), 435.

anonymous: The late Mr. J.S. Fleming's pictures of Co. Louth castles (note), 435.

anonymous: Cloch Abhraunra (note), 435.


CLAHJ volume VII number 4 (1932)

Tempest, H.G. (& Eoin MacNeill, translation & notes): An ancient poet's view from Slieve Fuaid: some notes on the topographical details of the Dinnshenchus Poem in the Book of Leinster, 455-471.

Murray, L.P.: The Moores of Ardee, 472-484.

Gogan, L. S.: Bronze lancehead from Ratheddy, 485-487.

Murray, L.P.: Title deeds of County Louth (continued), 488-495.

Corcoran, P.: Townland Survey of County Louth (continued), Townland of Dunbin, 496-499.

Murray, L.P.: Hearth Money Rolls, Barony of Dundalk, 500-515.

Murray, L.P.: Archbishop Cromer's Register, 516-524.

Murray, L.P.: Louth and Armagh old wills, 525-529.

Mahr, Adolf: The Blackrock brooch, 530-531.

Ó Tuathail, Éamonn: The contents of the Gallegan MS. in the Library of the University of Edinburgh (continued), 532-545.

Murray, L.P.: The calendar of Ormond deeds: new light on the Peppard grant, 546-550.

Ó Tuathail, Éamonn: A note on Peter Gallegan's MSS, 556.

Ó Casaide, Séamus: Peadar O Gealacain (note), 556.

Tempest, H.G.: Stone in Kircock T.L. (note), 557.

Morris, H.: Domhnall Mac na Bhall, 557.


CLAHJ volume VIII number 1 (1933)

Murray, L.P.: "An ancient poet's view from Sliabh Fuaid", 1-17.

document: Some extracts relating to Ireland from the journal of Gideon Bonnivert, 1690, 18-21.

Murray, L.P.: The Dawsons of Ardee, 22-33.

Corcoran, P.: Townland Survey of County Louth. Townlands of Ballinurd, Balrobin, Glebe, Milltown, 35-37.

Murray, L.P.: Archbishop Cromer's register (continued), 38-49.

Macardle, P.L.: A County Louth almanac of 1796. Extracts from the Gentleman's and Citizen's Almanack for the year 1796 in connection with County Louth, 50-51.

Murray, L.P.: Title deeds of Co. Louth (continued), 52-60.

Ó Casaide, Séamus: Lament for John Hoey, 61-64.

Murray, L.P.: The cemetery cairn at Knockast, 65-68.

?Murray, L.P.: Cairn at Aghnaskeagh, preliminary note, 69-71.

Tempest, H.G.: Bronze Age stone at Tullagee, 72-74.

Murray, L.P.: The Lament of Patrick Fleming. A sidelight on the life of Blessed Oliver Plunkett, 75-91.

Murray, L.P.: Louth and Armagh Old wills (second instalment), 92-94.

Tempest, H.G.: Three souterrains. Dundalk Demesne, Mullaboy & Irish Grange, 95-97.

Leask, H.G.: Church at Ardpatrick, Co. Louth (note), 98-99.

Tempest, H.G.: Slab-lined graves, Proleek townland and Tallanstown (note), 100.

Tempest, H.G.: Stone mortar, Ardee (note), 101.


CLAHJ volume VIII number 2 (1934)

Murray, L.P.: The history of the Parish of Creggan in the 17th and 18th centuries, 117-163.

Davies, O. & Evans, E.E.: Excavations at Clonlum Small cairn, Co. Armagh, 164-168.

Murray, L.P.: Archbishop Cromer's Register (continued), 169-188.

Tempest, H.G.: Carrickrobin and Tinure stones: the Abbé Breuil's comments in a Presidential address, 189-190.

Tempest, H.G.: The cairns of North Louth. Several lately discovered, 191-192.

Murray, L.P.: Old title deeds of County Louth (continued), 193-209.

Corcoran, P.: Townland survey of County Louth (continued)-Haggardstown, Philipstown & Rathmore, 210-215.


CLAHJ volume VIII number 3 (1935)

Murray, L.P.: The last abbot of Mellifont, 223-233.

Evans, E. Estyn: Excavations at Aghnaskeagh, Co. Louth, Cairn A, 234-255.

Murray, L.P.: Archbishop Cromer's Register, (continued), 257-274.

Murray, L.P.: The Franciscan monasteries after the Dissolution, 275-282.

Murray, L.P.: Old title deeds of County Louth (continued), 283-288.

Moore, Edward F.: Lieutenant William Moore [note], 1783, 289.


CLAHJ volume VIII number 4 (1936)

Murray, L.P.: The will of James Hussey of Smarmore, Co. Louth, "Priest" (A.D. 1635), 303-321.

Murray, L.P.: Archbishop Cromer's Register, (continued), 322-351.

Jordan, J.: Townland survey of Co. Louth-Newtownbabe, Carnanbregagh, Killally & Gibstown 353-354.

Murray, L.P.: The last abbot of Mellifont, 355-357.

Bellew, Hon. Mrs. G.: County Louth Records, from transcripts of family papers, 358-359.

Moore, Edward F.: Lieutenant Wm. Moore [note], 359.


CLAHJ volume IX number 1 (1937)

Evans, E. Estyn: Excavations at Aghnaskeagh, Co. Louth Cairn B. Irish Free State Scheme of archæological research, 1-18.

Murray, L.P.: Shanroe Barrack, Mullabawn (1795-1821), 19-29.

Morris, Henry: An Irish manuscript from Inniskeen, 30-31.

Leask, H.G.: St. Mochta's House, Louth, 32-35.

Murray, L.P.: Archbishop Cromer's register (continued), 36-41.

Leslie, J.B.: Cess payers of Dunleer Union, 1786-92, 42-45.

Murray, L.P.: Analecta Hibernica [extracts from latest volume, relating to the Archbishopric of Armagh], 46-52.

Bellew, Hon. Mrs. G.: County Louth records, from transcripts of family papers, 53-59.


CLAHJ volume IX number 2 (1938)

Davies, O.: Killeavy churches, 77-86.

Leslie, J.B.: Extracts from the rent rolls of the See of Armagh, 1703, 87-95.

Murray, L.P.: A South Armagh outlaw (Seamus MacMurchaidh), 96-114.

Morris, Henry: Matthew Moore Graham, 115-123.

Murray, L.P.: Archbishop Cromer's register (continued), 124-130.

Davies, O.: Excavations at the south gate of the Dorsey entrenchment, 131-4.

Murray, L.P.: The history of the Parish of Creggan in the 17th and 18th centuries, Part II, 135-161.

Dolan, Joseph T.: Notes on the Co. Louth Volunteers, 1782, 162-165.

Murray, L.P.: The Wood of Foclut, 166-168.


CLAHJ volume IX number 3 (1939)

Murray, L.P.: The ancient chantries of Co. Louth, 181-208.

Davies, O.: Excavations at Lissachiggel, 209-243.

Kelly, Matthew: Two castles of Drogheda, 244-245.

Paterson, T.G.F. & Davies, O.: Carlingford Church tower, 246-247.

Tempest, H.G.: A prehistoric scribed rock in Tinure T.L., and the gallery grave "Calliagh Biorra's House", Paddock T.L., with some notes on scribings on Rathkenny Dolmen, 248-257.

Raftery, Joseph: Early Iron Age decorations on dolmen at Rathkenny, Co. Meath, 258-261.


CLAHJ volume IX number 4 (1940)

Ó Casaide, Séamus: Bernard MacMahon: priest and scientist, 267-279.

Davies, O.: Excavations at the Dorsey (continued), 280-289.

Rev. Bro. Luke (ed.): Calendar of the letters of Rev. E. Conwell, C.C. Collon, 1798-1804, 290-337.

Davies, Oliver: Excavations at Corliss Fort, 338-343.

Tempest, H.G.: Mediaeval lintel at Ballymascanlon, 344-345.

Kelly, Matthew: The church of St. Saviour's, Drogheda, 346-351.


CLAHJ volume X number 1 (1941)

Davies, Oliver: Old Churches in County Louth, 5-23

Tempest H.G.: Rathkenny dolmen, 24.

Kelly, Matthew J.: Three monasteries of Drogheda, 25-41.

Paterson, T.G.F.: Ragnall Dall Mac Domhnaill, 42-49.

anonymous: Gold ring with portrait (? Hugh MacMahon, Rockfield), 49.

Tempest H.G.: The Pale Ditch in County Louth, 50-54.

anonymous: Bronze pin from near Ardee, 54.

Raftery, Joseph: Some new County Louth finds, 55-57.

Tempest, H.G.: Horned cairns of North Louth, 58-62.

Murray, L.P.: Title Deeds of Co. Louth (continued), 63-66.

Kelly, Matthew J.: Some wooden houses of Drogheda, 67-69.

Leask, H.G.: Souterrain at Mullameelan, Ardee, 70-71.

Murray, L.P. (transcribed): A list of families around Ardee, 1766, 72-76.

Evans, E. Estyn: Clermont Cairn, 77-79.

Leask, H.G.: Ancient objects in bogs, 80-81.

Tempest, H.G.: Old Co. Louth castles [note], 82.

Tempest, H.G.: Souterrain in Proleek Acres [note], 83.

anonymous: An Iron Age thatched rath ! [note], 83.

Errata: Vol IV, p378 (HFMcC); Vol IX, 247; Vol IX, 298, 83.


CLAHJ volume X number 2 (1942)

Mitchell, G.F.: The discovery of a skull of the Irish giant deer at Newtownbabe, near Dundalk, Co. Louth, 97-99.

Stelfox, A.W.: The Irish giant deer, or "Irish elk", 99-100.

Davies, O.: Old churches in County Louth (continued), 101-107.

Keenan, Brother B.: Townland survey of County Louth, continued :-Woodhouse and Lismanus, 110-112.

Leslie, J.B.: Indexed list of wills of residents in Dundalk and district, 113-115.

Gwynn, Aubrey: Archbishop Cromer's register (continued), 116-127.

Dunlop, Margaret: The building of a cairn. The megalith builders: coast folk of yesterday, 108-109.

Tempest, H.G.: The stone circle in Ravensdale Park, 128-132.

Raftery, Joseph & Tempest, H.G.: A burial at Dromiskin, Co. Louth, 133-137.

anonymous: Bronze pin found near Ardee [note], 156.

Martin, Joseph (abstracted by): Old title deeds of Co. Louth. Some Dundalk deeds, 1707 to 1843, 138-148.

Tempest, H.G.: Souterrain in Proleek Acres townland, 149-150.

anonymous: Fugill token, Dundalk [note], 155.

anonymous: Clintons of Nizelrath and Townleys of Dunmahon [note], 155.

McClintock, H.F.: The "Dog's" Monument, Dundalk [note], 156.

anonymous: Bog finds in Ardee district [note], 157.

newspaper article: Silver ear ring, from Rossnaree [from Irish Times], 157.

Tempest, H.G.: Iron salt pan, at Castletown [note], 157.


CLAHJ volume X number 3 (1943)

Gwynn, Aubrey: Archbishop Cromer's register (concluded), 165-179.

Tempest, H.G.: Bellew's Castle, Castletown-Bellew, or Castletown Castle, Dundalk, 180-195.

Evans, Estyn: The fireside, 196-199.

Davies, Oliver: Old churches in County Louth (continued), 200-212.

Tempest H.G.: Note on the inscription of Louth Hall Cross, 212-215.

Hayes, Richard: John Drumgoole (1720-1781), son of Robert Drumgoole of Walshestown, Co. Louth, note, 215.

Tempest H.G.: Two fireplace inscriptions: Nicholas Elcock, 1584; Oliver Plunket, 1612, 216-221.

Tempest H.G.: Rental and accounts of the Collon Estate, 1779-81, 222-229.

McClintock, H.F.: Bog finds in the Ardee district. Wooden causeway-stone pavement, 229.

Tempest H.G.: Pippard v. Mayor of Drogheda, 230-232.

Allen, W.P.: Some notes on the old fortifications of Drogheda, 233-244.

Martin, Joseph: Old title deeds of County Louth. Further Dundalk deeds, 1724 to 1843, 245-250.

McLysaght, Edward: Documents at Red house, Ardee, 251-255.

McClintock, H.F.: Some notes on the family of Parkinson of Redhouse, or Red House, Ardee, 255-256.

O Neill, Augustine: Franciscan foundation at Drogheda: points of historical interest, 257-259.

document: Law in Dundalk in 1719. Petition of Ralph Green to Hans Hamilton, 260-261.

Allensis: County Louth Canadian statesman (Thomas D'Arcy McGee) [note], 261.

Duignan, Michael: A wooden object from Corstown, Ardee, Co. Louth [note], 261-262.

Tempest, H.G.: The Pale Ditch [note], 262.

Corrigendum, Vol. VI, p1, 262.

anonymous: Objects presented to Museum [note], 262.


CLAHJ volume X number 4 (1944)

Davies, Oliver: Old churches in County Louth (continued), 277-296.

Hennig, John: St. Leonard in Ireland, 297-301.

document: A journey from County Louth to Bath in 1797, from the diary of Mrs. Fortescue (neé McClintock) of Stephenstown, 302-306.

Raftery, Joseph: A new quern from County Louth, 307-310.

Tempest, H.G.: Some tombstone inscriptions in St. Nicholas' Churchyard, Dundalk, 311-313.

Tempest H.G.: The castles and motes of County Louth, 314-315.

Tempest H.G.: Kilwore, Proleek townland, 316-317.

Paterson, T.G.F.: A survey of the lands of Niselrath, in Co. Louth, in 1667, with some additional notes as to the Chamberlains of Niselrath, 318-326.

MacIvor, D.: Townland survey of County Louth, continued-Kilpatrick, Ardee, 327-335.

Paterson, T.G.F.: Harvest customs in County Armagh, 336-341.

Tempest, H.G.: The monastery of Inis Moght, 342-345.

Groves, T.A. (ed.): The St. Lawrence family of Drogheda and Cruisetown: abstracts of wills and documents, 1623-1655, 346-349.

Tempest, H.G.: Names of horses and dogs, 350.

newspaper article: Extract of a letter from an officer at Minorca to a gentleman at Ardee [from Dublin Evening Post, 26 January 1782], 350.

document: Irish Racing Calendar, 1800: rules and orders for cocking, 350.


CLAHJ volume XI number 1 (1945)

Gwynn, Aubrey: The Antiphonary of Armagh, 1-12.

Paterson, T.G.F.: Brigid's crosses in County Armagh, 15-20.

anonymous: The Two O's [note], 20.

Davies, Oliver: Old churches in County Louth, 21-27.

Leask, H.G.: Mellifont Abbey, 28-33.

Evans, E.Estyn: Potatoes and Man, 34-36.

Ó Maolagáin P.: Sliabh Larga and Cuaille Ciannachta in the Synod of Rath Breasail, 37-40.

Conlon T.P. (& note by H.G. Leask): Old timbered house in Drogheda (recently the Imperial Hotel), 41-42.

Paterson, T.G.F.: The Christmas Rhymers, 43-51.

Keenan, T.M.: Townland survey of County Louth-Monasterboice, Barabona, Timullen, Cordoogan, 52-57.

McGuirk, James: Old Drogheda Title Deeds, 58-60.

O Murnaghan, Art: A note on the Cross in Irish archæology, 61-62.

Leask, H.G.: St. Mochta's House [note], 63.

anonymous: McAlister or McAlester [James McAlister, Dundalk, 1780]. Query, 63.

Tempest, H.G.: Elcock tombstone, St. Peter's, Drogheda [corrigendum], 63.

McClintock, H.F.: Stone with arms of Fleming at Lagan [note], 63.

McClintock, H.F.: Carved stone at Rogerstown, Clonkeen [note], 63.


CLAHJ volume XI number 2 (1946)

Gwynn, Aubrey: Ardee in the Middle Ages, 77-89.

Paterson, T.G.F.: The game of Long Bullets in County Armagh, 90-95.

McIvor, Dermot: Townland survey of County Louth-Rathlust, Anaglog, and Hunterstown, with historical notes and abstracts of deeds, 96-142.

Bieler, Ludwig: letter re Foclut. Reply from Joseph Martin, 146.


CLAHJ volume XI number 3 (1947)

Ó Maolagáin P.: Ui Chremthainn and Fir Fernmaighe, 157-163.

Paterson, T.G.F.: The sack of Dunmahon Castle, 164-168.

Mitchell, G.F.: An early kitchen-midden in County Louth, 169-174.

Paterson, T.G.F.: The Chamberlains of Nizelrath (continued). Notes on allied families of Clinton, Aston, O'Doherty and Brownlow, 175-185.

Tempest, H.G.: Fireplace in Athclare Castle [note], 186.

Gwynn, A.: Extracts relating to Co. Louth from the Calendar of the Register of Primate Milo Sweteman, 1361-1379, 187-203.

Longfield, Ada K. (Mrs. Leask): An 18th-century priest's memorial stone at Mayne, Co. Louth, 204-205.

McIvor, D.: A Drogheda deed of 1809. Culver House Park-Oldfield-Sandiford-Power, 206-208.

anonymous: Drogheda and the '98 movement, 213-216.


CLAHJ volume XI number 4 (1948)

Gwynn, Aubrey: Extracts relating to Co. Louth from the Calendar of the Register of Primate Nicholas Fleming, extracts relating to Co. Louth, 221-237.

Scanlon Timothy: Footprints of Cuchulainn in Kerry, 238-242.

O'Daly, B.: St. Damhnat, 243-251.

Tempest, H.G.: Two armorial stones in Drogheda, 252-253.

McIvor, Dermot: An eighteenth century corn census of County Louth, 254-286.

Tempest, H.G.: Two carved stone figures at Omeath, 287.

Nyhan, P.F.: Kitchen midden at Carlingford, 288-291.

Tempest, H.G.: Two De Verdon seals, 292-295.

Henry, Françoise: Early Irish monasteries, boat-shaped oratories and beehive huts, 296-304.

Leask, H.G.: The Mint, Carlingford, Co. Louth, 305-308.

McIvor, Dermot: Townland survey of County Louth-Drakestown, 309-313.

Boylan, Thomas: Cusack's Cross and Hurlestone Castle [note], 314.

Tempest, H.G.: Athclare Castle [note], 314.

Tempest, H.G.: More stone-lined graves at St. Leonard's, Dundalk [note], 315.

anonymous: Duffy headstone at Dromiskin [corrigendum], 315.


CLAHJ volume XII number 1 (1949)

Ronan, M. (translated by): Irish indenture of Conn O Neill to Primate Dowdall [1535], 4.

Glynn, William: Some notes on the buildings of Drogheda Grammar School [& notes by T.G.F. Paterson], 5-9.

Lucas, A.T.: Urn burial at Smarmore, 10.

Davies, Oliver: Early Irish stone building, 11-12.

Tempest, H.G.: Cu-chulainn and Cu-Roi, 13.

Mitchell, G.F.: Further early kitchen middens in County Louth, 14-20.

MacIvor, Dermot: Historical notes on the townlands of Drakestown and Kilpatrick; supplementary notes on Rathlust, Anaglog and Hunterstown [also miscellaneous records, baptisms, marriages and deaths, and deeds], 21-81.

Hayes-McCoy, G.A.: An historic coat of arms, 82-84.

anonymous: The Ghan, Carlingford [note], 94-95.

Barcroft, J.P.: Bachelors' Lane carved stone, Drogheda [note], 95.

Barcroft, J.P.: Townley arms at Athclare Castle [note], 95.

Kieran, Helen: De Verdon seals [note], 95.


CLAHJ volume XII number 2 (1950)

Paterson, T.G.F.: Clinton records, 109-116.

MacIvor, Dermot: Townland survey of County Louth (continued from Vol. XI, 4, page 313)-Paughanstown, Roestown, Hacklim, Drakestown, supplement to, 117-130.

Longfield, A.K.: Printing on linen and cotton at Richardstown and at Mosney in the eighteenth century, 131-135.

MacIvor, Dermot: The Anglesey estate in Louth, Down and Galway, 1810-1856, 136-154.

Wheeler, H.A.: The Tara Brooch: where was it found? 155-158.

Paterson, T.G.F.: The burning of Wildgoose Lodge, 159-180.

anonymous: Painting of the "Bathe" House, Drogheda, 181.

Leask, Harold G.: Varia: Tiles from old Dominican friary, Drogheda, 182.


CLAHJ volume XII number 3 (1951)

Ó Fiaich, Tomás (Fee, T.): Ui Cruinn, a lost Louth sept, 105-112.

Longfield, A.K.: Late eighteenth and early nineteenth century decorated headstones in County Louth, 113-118.

McClintock, H.F.: The "Mantle of St. Brigid" at Bruges, 119-122.

Lucas, A.T.: The West Cross at Monasterboice: a note and a suggestion, 123-125.

Raftery, J.J.: A new dug-out canoe, 126-127.

Raftery, J.J.: A stone chisel from County Limerick, 128.

MacIvor, Dermot: Historical notes on Paughanstown, Roestown, and Hacklim, including supplementary notes on Anaglog, Hunterstown and Drakestown (County Louth Archaeological Journal, XI, 2 & XII, 1), 129-196.

Leslie, J.B. & MacIvor, Dermot: Tithe census of Kilsaran and Gernonstown parishes, 1837 and 1843, 197-204.


CLAHJ volume XII number 4 (1952)

Comerford, Sarah: The early years of the Society, 227-238.

Mac Lochlainn, Ailfrid: The interpretation of heraldry, 239-242.

O Ceallaigh, Séamus: A comment on Fr. Aubrey Gwynn's "The Medieval Province Of Armagh", 243-250.

Tempest, H.G.: Graves discovered at [Cambricville,] Dundalk, in 1881. After account by Mr. James McCormack CE in JRSAI 1881, 251-252.

MacIvor, Dermot: Townland survey of County Louth, (continued from Vol XII, 2, page 130) townland of Millockstown; supplement to townland survey of Anaglog; townland of Blakestown; Ardee and South Louth in Ninety-eight, by a contributor; supplement to "Townland survey of Paughanstown and Hacklim" (C.L.A.J., XII, 2, p.117), 253-275.

Leslie, J.B. & MacIvor, Dermot: Supplement to Dundalk Hearth Money Roll, 276-277.

anonymous: Boazio's map of Ireland, 1599 [note], 278.

Tempest, H.G.: The Bellew-Nugent tomb in Dundalk [note], 279-280.

MacIvor, Dermot: Note on tithe census of Kilsaran parish, 1829 [note], 281.

Tempest, H.G.: St. Leonard's Friary, Dundalk [note], 286.


CLAHJ volume XIII number 1 (1953)

Gogan, L.S.: The name of Louth, 5-7.

Murtagh, Diarmuid: Louth Regiments in the Irish Jacobite army, 8-15.

Raftery, Joseph: A decorated stone at Miskish More, County Monaghan, 16-17.

Went, Arthur E.J.: Material for a history of the fisheries of the River Boyne, 18-33.

Hunt, John: Carved stones, St. Peter's Church, Drogheda, 34.

Fr. Colmcille: Seven documents from the old Abbey of Mellifont, transcribed from the originals preserved in the National Library of Ireland, Dublin, 35-67.

MacIvor, Dermot: Historical notes on Millockstown and Blakestown, 68-123.

from Bassett's Guide to Louth, 1886: Former finds from County Louth [in the National Museum], 131.


CLAHJ volume XIII number 2 (1954)

Lucas, A.T.: "Penal" crucifixes, 145-172

Tempest, H.G.: Specimens of wooden crucifixes from County Louth and surroundings, 173-174.

Coyle, Michael: St. Brigid's Well, Dunleer, 175-178.

Brooks, E. St.John: The death of Alice Draycott [1576], 179-189.

Gwynn, Aubrey: A forgotten Abbey of St. Mary's, Drogheda, 190-199.

Ó Riordáin, Breandán: Newgrange by electric light, 200-201.


CLAHJ volume XIII number 3 (1955)

MacIvor, Dermot: In search of Saint Diomoc, 225-251.

Fr. Colmcille: Three unpublished Cistercian documents, 252-278.

Johnson, Robert L. Junr.: How Nicholas Fleming became Archbishop of Armagh, 279-287.

Jones, Bryan J [1895]: Corp Chre, 288.

Ó Riordáin, Breandán: Three recently discovered souterrains in County Louth, 288.

Ó Riordáin, Breandán: Crannog-type structures in Whitewood Lake, County Meath, 289.


CLAHJ volume XIII number 4 (1956)

Lucas, A.T.: Footwear in Ireland, 309-394.

Raftery, Joseph: A wooden bucket from County Louth, 395-398.

MacIvor, Dermot: Townland Survey of County Louth (continued)-townlands of Stickillen, Hoathstown, Harristown, 398-411.

MacIvor, Dermot: Kildemock Miscellanea-townland survey and historical notes for Kilpatrick, Rathlust, Anaglog, Drakestown, Paughanstown, Roestown, Hacklim, Millockstown and Blakestown, 412-440.

Ó Riordáin, Breandán: Three souterrains in County Louth [Channonrock, Demesne (Dundalk) and Newtownbalregan, and appendix: list of Co. Louth souterrains], 441-450.

M., G.: St. Nicholas' Parish Church, Dundalk [note], 451.

Tempest, H.G.: Cist burial at Newtown, Knockbridge [note], 451.


CLAHJ volume XIV number 1 (1957)

Rev. Fr. Colmcille: An important Mellifont document, 1-13.

MacIvor, Dermot: Census of Tallonstown Parish, 1834, 14-25.

Ó Fiaich, Tomás: Blessed Oliver Plunkett's report on the Diocese of Armagh, 26-34.

Tempest, H.G.: A seventeenth-century map of Dundalk and Castletown, 35-36.

Tempest, H.G.: Souterrain in Kilcurry Townland, 37.

Prendergast, Ellen: Burial at Rossmakay, Co. Louth, 38-39.

Carr, Joseph: The Drogheda Corporation Mace, Sword of State and Plate, 40-41.


CLAHJ volume XIV number 2 (1958)

Taaffe, Rudolph: Taffe of County Louth, 55-67.

MacIvor, Dermot: The legend of Gearóid Iarla of Hacklim, 68-81.

Tempest, H.G.: The Moyry Pass, 82-90.

Ó Ríordáin, Breandán: Urn burial at Collon, County Louth, 91-92.

Masser, K.A. & Bradley, D.H.L.: Souterrain in the grounds of Lisrenny House, 93-95.

Rynne, Etienne: Two souterrains at Bawntaaffe, near Monasterboice, County Louth, 96-102.

Ó Fiaich, Tomás: The 1766 religious census for some County Louth parishes, 103-117.

Tempest, H.G.: Wooden water pipes, 117.

Tempest, H.G.: Old bridge in Dundalk Demesne, opposite p. 118.


CLAHJ volume XIV number 3 (1959)

Simms, J.G.: County Louth and the Jacobite War, 141-147.

Rynne, Etienne: Souterrain at Donaghmore, Co. Louth, 148-153.

Sheehy, Maurice P.: A medieval foundation in the Borough of Drogheda in Oirghialla, 154-159.

MacIvor, Dermot: Ardee Manor in A.D. 1336, 160-164.

MacIvor, Dermot: Estate of Benedict Pippard of Pippardeston, A.D. 1316, 165-169

Conway, Margaret: The study of our local vernacular, 170-178.

Went, Arthur E.J.: Historical notes on some of the fisheries of County Louth, 179-190

?Rynne, Etienne: Burial near the Magdalene Tower, Drogheda, 191.

?Rynne, Etienne: Souterrains at Ballybarrack, Co. Louth, 191.


CLAHJ volume XIV number 4 (1960)

?Tempest, H.G.: The Society's Collection, 211-213.

Tempest, H.G.: Catalogue of the collection of antiquities of the County Louth Archaeological Society, 1961, 214-231.

?Tempest, H.G.: Alphabetical list of articles contributed to our journal. From Vol. I, part 1, 1904 to Vol. XIII, part 4, 1957, 232-260.

?Tempest, H.G.: Alphabetical list of plates and illustrations in the Journal from Vol. I to Vol. XIII, 261-265.

?Tempest, H.G.: Alphabetical list of contributors to the Journal from 1904 to 1957 with subjects of their contributions, 266-278.


CLAHJ volume XV number 1 (1961)

Rynne, Etienne: Souterrain at "Killylagan", Cortial, County Louth. With appendix by Etienne Rynne and John P. Clarke: 'Some souterrains in the neighbourhood of "Killylagan"', 5-10.

Eogan George: Excavations at Townley Hall, County Louth, preliminary note, 11-12.

Lucas, A.T.: A hay-rope pack-saddle from Co. Louth, 13-16.

Tempest, H.G.: Some notes on an unusual Gaelic girl's name at present in use among a group of families in Co. Donegal [Afric], 17-20.

Bliss, A.J.: Smarmore inscribed slates, interim report, 21-22.

Rev. Fr. Colmcille: The abbatial succession at Mellifont, 1142-1539, 23-38.

O'Sullivan, Harold: Two eighteenth-century maps of the Clanbrassil Estate, Dundalk, 39-87.

Mac Iomhair, Diarmuid: Two old Drogheda chronicles, 88-95.

Tempest, H.G.: Sixteenth-century royal portraits, formerly in Lord Clanbrassil's Dundalk house [note], 106.

anonymous: The Louth Hospital, Dundalk, 106.

Rynne, Etienne: Souterrain at Rathiddy, Co. Louth, 106.


CLAHJ volume XV number 2 (1962)

Aalen, F.H.A.: Tradition and history in Omeath, County Louth, 121-124.

Rynne, Etienne: Souterrain at Rathiddy, County Louth, 125-130.

O'Sullivan, Harold: The Court-House, Dundalk and the contract for its erection, dated 30th April 1813, 131-143.

Mac Iomhair, Diarmuid: The boundaries of Fir Rois, 144-179.

Mallon, Patrick: Standing stone at Grange, near Knockbridge, 179.

Mac Íomhair, Seán: Athchuairt ar Úirchill an Chreagáin, 180-185.

Raftery, Joseph: Polished stone axe-head, 192.

probably Tempest, H.G.: Afric, 192.


CLAHJ volume XV number 3 (1963)

Quane, Michael: Drogheda Grammar School, 207-248.

Mac Iomhair, Diarmuid: The murder of Richard Dawson, 249-254.

Clarke, John P.: Souterrain at Crossabeagh, Co. Louth, 255-261.

"H.C"-apparently O'Sullivan, Harold: Copy of bye-laws of the Corporation of "Atherdee", 262-267.

Love, H.W.: An old Armagh see rental, 268-272.

Mac Niocaill, Gearóid: The case of Nicholas John, 273-276.

Raftery, Joseph: A thistle brooch from Co. Louth, 277-280.

O'Sullivan, Harold: Rothe's Castle, Dundalk and Hugh O'Neill: a sixteenth-century map, 281-291.


CLAHJ volume XV number 4 (1964)

Rynne, Etienne: Souterrain at Mullagharlin, near Dundalk, 317-320.

Rynne, Etienne: Souterrain at Tankardsrock, near Kilkerley, 320.

Rynne, Etienne: Souterrain near Ballybarrack: a correction, 320.

Mac Iomhair, Diarmuid: The History of Fir Rois, 321-348.

Clarke, John P.: Some antiquities of Urney Graveyard, Co. Louth, 349-350.

Love, H.W.: A seventeenth-century map of Dromiskin, Co. Louth,351-355.

Mac Iomhair, Diarmuid: Note on the Jumping Church, 356.

O'Hare, Thomas: Two standing stones now disappeared [note], 361.


CLAHJ volume XVI number 1 (1965)

Clarke, John P.: Late eighteenth century decorated headstone at Urney Graveyard, Co. Louth, 1-4.

O'Sullivan, Harold: Ardee Dispensary minute book, 1831-1851, 5-27.

Mac Iomhair, Diarmuid: Folklore of Termonfeckin Parish, 28-31.

Quane, Michael P.: Viscount Limerick Grammar School, Dundalk, 32-41.

Mac Iomhair, Diarmuid: Townlands of County Louth in A.D. 1301, 42-49.


CLAHJ volume XVI number 2 (1966)

Mac Iomhair, Diarmuid: The House of Louth in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, 67-84.

Harbison, Peter: The Frankford (Birr) hoard reconsidered, 85-90.

Quane, Michael: Dundalk Grammar School, 91-102.

Edwards, John Arwel: The landless in mid-nineteenth-century County Louth, 103-110.

Mac Iomhair, Diarmuid: Townland survey of County Louth-Faughart Upper and Faughart Lower, 111-124.

O Connor, Lil: Faughart investigation, 1966, 125-129.

Bliss, Alan J.: The Smarmore slates [note], 132.


CLAHJ volume XVI number 3 (1967)

Curran, Arthur: The Dominican Order in Carlingford and Dundalk, 143-160.

Mac Iomhair, Diarmuid: Two Carlingford documents, 161-162.

Quane, Michael: Drogheda Blue School, 163-168.

Mac Iomhair, Diarmuid: Caraher of Cardistown family papers, 169-190.


CLAHJ volume XVI number 4 (1968)

Mac Iomhair, Diarmuid: The family of Hatch of Ardee, 205-223.

Ross, Noel: Two nineteenth-century election posters, 224-232.

Mac Cnáimhsí, Breandán: Nioclás Ó Cearnaigh, 233-238.

Neary, Michael: In search of a Louth family: the Nearys, 239-250.

Prendergast, Ellen: Report on investigation of souterrain at Dowdallshill, Dundalk, 251-252.

Curran, Arthur: Further notes on the Dominicans of Carlingford, 253.

Mac Iomhair, Diarmuid: Townland survey of County Louth-Monascreebe, and supplementary notes on Faughart Upper and Faughart Lower, 254-263.


CLAHJ volume XVII number 1 (1969)

Mac Íomhair, Diarmuid: Righeadh Eadbhuird Brús, an dáta, an gníomh, an t-ionad, 1-9.

Quane, Michael: The Erasmus Smith school, Ardee, 10-18.

Mac Íomhair, Diarmuid: More on the family of Hatch of Ardee, 19-21.

Malcomson, A.P.W.: The struggle for control of Dundalk Borough, 1782-92, 22-36.

Mac Íomhair, Diarmuid: Townland survey of County Louth-Whitemill, Annies, and supplementary notes on Monascreebe and Faughart Lower, 37-45.

Petty, Robert J.: query re John Petty of Castlebellingham, 1713-1797, 53.


CLAHJ volume XVII number 2 (1970)

Swan, Allan B.: The Port of Dundalk, 66-78.

Prendergast, Ellen: Burials at Stephenstown, 78.

Mac Íomhair, Diarmuid: The Lordship of Ballymascanlan, 79-83.

Mac Íomhair, Diarmuid: Clergy and churchwardens of Termonfeckin parish, 84-86.

Garry, James: Tombstone inscriptions in Newtownstalaban graveyard, 87-90.

Corcoran, Moira: A Drogheda census list of 1798, 91-96.

Kieran, Joan: Addendum to "the Erasmus Smith School, Ardee", 96.

Casey, Daniel J.: Carleton in Louth, 97-106.

Ó Muireadhaigh, Réamonn: Michael McDermott's note-book, 107-111.

Raftery, Joseph: Early Christian cross from Monasterboice, 112.

Raftery, Joseph: A cross-slab from County Louth, 113.


CLAHJ volume XVII number 3 (1971)

Curran, Arthur: The Priory of St. Leonard, Dundalk, 131-140.

Faulkner, Anselm: Anthony Gearnon, O.F.M. (c. 1610-1680) and the Irish Remonstrance, 141-149.

Simms, J.G.: A surveyor's report on some townlands of County Louth, c.1700, 150-155.

Malcomson, A.P.W.: The Foster family and the Parliamentary Borough of Dunleer 1683-1800, 156-163.

Garry, James: The Tholsel, Drogheda, 164-168.

Mac Íomhair, Diarmuid: Townland survey of County Louth-Navan, Aghaboys, and supplementary notes on Faughart Upper, Faughart Lower, Whitemill and Annies, 169-176.

Love, H.W.: Georgian society in Louth, 177-186.

King, Sean: Report on Mapastown Graveyard, 187.


CLAHJ volume XVII number 4 (1972)

Ó Gallchóir, Seán: Filíocht an Daill Mhic Cuarta, 201-214.

Swan, Allan B.: Tombstone inscriptions in Ballymascanlon Churchyard, 215-227.

Grant, A.P.: The Grant families of Ulster and the Pale: a brief survey, 228-234.

Ó Muireadhaigh, Réamonn: Farm account books, 1802-1860, from Gaulstown, Monasterboice, 235-249.

Nicholls K.W.: A calendar of salved Chancery pleadings concerning County Louth, 250-260.

Twohig, Dermot C.: Souterrain at Riverstown, 261-263.


CLAHJ volume XVIII number 1 (1973)

Mac Íomhair, Diarmuid: Some Drogheda documents, 1-6.

O'Sullivan, Harold: The emergence of the National system of education in North County Louth (Diocese of Armagh). 7-38.

Harbison, Peter: New light on St. Mary's "Abbey", Louth, 39-42.

Mac Íomhair, Diarmuid: Tenants of Omeath, 1765, 43-45.

Hodgers, Don: A report on surface finds from County Louth, 46-59.

Ó Fiannachta, Pádraig: The fight with Fer Diad, 62-68.

Neary, Michael: The true origin of the Sons of Mil, 69-83.

Condon, T.E. & note by D. McÍ.: Souterrain at Ballymascanlon, 84-85.


CLAHJ volume XVIII number 2 (1974)

O'Mahony, Canice: Genealogy of a North Louth family, 105-109.

Mooney, Kevin & Carson, Fionnghuala: Souterrain at Townley Hall, 110-111.

Nicholls, K.W.: A calendar of salved Chancery pleadings concerning County Louth (continued from p. 260, Vol. XVII, No. 4, 1972), 112-120.

Ellison, C.C. (ed.): Materials for the Dublin Society Agricultural Survey of County Louth, compiled by Dr. D.A. Beaufort, 121-131.

Turner, Brian S.: The Methodist baptismal registers of County Louth, 1829-1865, 132-139.

Casey, Daniel J.: Wildgoose Lodge: the evidence and the lore, 140-164.

Mac Iomhair, Diarmuid: Potters of Ardee, 165-169.


CLAHJ volume XVIII number 3 (1975)

Thomas, Avril: Drogheda, 1574, 179-186.

Ellison, C.C. (ed.): Materials for the Dublin Society Agricultural Survey of County Louth, compiled by Dr. D.A. Beaufort, 187-194.

Ryan, Michael: Two new souterrains near Dundalk, 195-197.

Hodgers, Don: A report on further surface finds from County Louth, 198-210.

Casey, Daniel J.: Wildgoose Lodge: the evidence and the lore (continued), 211-231.

Ross, Noel: Families at Mosstown and Philipstown in 1852, 232-237.


CLAHJ volume XVIII number 4 (1976)

Roe, Helen M.: Two decorated fonts in Drogheda, Co. Louth, 255-262.

Walsh, Micheline: The Hadsors and some other Louth Exiles in France and Spain, 263-271.

Dunne, Noel, Gosling, Paul & Ronayne, Briain: The Stickillin Souterrain(s), 272-278.

Ó Snodaigh, Pádraig: Notes on the Volunteers, Militia, Yeomanry and Orangemen of County Louth, 279-293.

Carson, Fionnghuala: A polished stone axe-head from Mellifont Park townland, County Louth, 294-295.

Campbell, Patrick J.: Andrew Campbell, Bishop of Kilmore, 1753-1769, 296-297.

Walsh, Micheline: Andrew Campbell, Bishop of Kilmore, 1753-1769: student days in Spain, 298-303.

Ellison, C.C. (ed.): Materials for the Dublin Society Agricultural Survey of County Louth, compiled by Dr. D.A. Beaufort, 304-309.

Turner, Brian S.: Methodist baptismal register-Newry Circuit, 310.


CLAHJ volume XIX number 1 (1977)

Lydon, James F.: The Braganstown massacre, 1329, 5-16.

Gosling, Paul: Souterrain, Glaspistol townland, Co. Louth, 17-19.

Caulfield, Séamas: A decorated beehive quernstone from Co. Louth, 20-23.

O'Sullivan, Harold: The Cromwellian and Restoration Settlements in the Civil Parish of Dundalk, 1649 to 1673, 24-58.

Garry, James: Townland survey of County Louth: Newtownstalaban, 59-66.

Weir, Anthony: Three carved figures in County Louth, 67-73.

Ross, Noel: Tombstone inscriptions in Rathdrumin and Bawntaaffe, 74-76.

document: The report of Douglas Stewart, itinerant mineralogist to the Dublin Society, Dublin, 1800, 77.


CLAHJ volume XIX number 2 (1978)

O'Sullivan, Harold: The Grant of Arms to the Louth County Council, 95-97.

Bradley, John: The topography and layout of Medieval Drogheda, 98-127.

Ó Floinn, Raghnall: A souterrain at Termonfeckin, 128-130.

Breathnach, Breandán: Pipers and piping in Louth, 131-139.

Recent discoveries in County Louth:

Kelly, Eamonn P. & Gosling, Paul: An archaeological deposit in Park St., Dundalk, 140-142.

Kelly, Eamonn P.: Midden deposits in td. Liberties of Carlingford and td. Haggardstown, Co. Louth, 142-143.

Kelly, Eamonn P.: A bog road at Crumlin, Co. Louth, 143-144.

Kelly, Eamonn P.: Excavations at Port, Co. Louth, 144.

Cooney, Gabriel: A Medieval pottery roof ridge tile from Drogheda, 147-148.

Power, Patrick F. & Swan, Allan B.: Tombstone inscriptions in Carlingford Churchyard, 149-165. 


CLAHJ volume XIX number 3 (1979)

Weir, Anthony: Sweathouses and simple stone structures in County Louth and elsewhere in Ireland, 185-196.

Lydon, James F.: The County of Uriel account, 1281-83, 197-205.

Gosling, Paul: Five Louth souterrains, 206-217.

Lynch Anthony: The Archdeacons of Armagh, 1417-71, 218-226.

Hodgers, Don: A third collection of surface finds from Co. Louth, 227-237.

Moore, Michael J.: Two stone lamps from County Louth, 238-239.

Mallon, Patrick & Ross, Noel: Gravestone inscriptions in Dysart, Cappoge and Drumshallon, 240-248.

Gosling, Paul: Ballinfuil (burials found), 249.

Gosling, Paul: Broadlough souterrain [note], 249.

anonymous: Dromin font [stolen], 249.

anonymous: Glaspistol (name), 249.


CLAHJ volume XIX number 4 (1980)

Lydon, James F. The mills at Ardee in 1304, 259-263.

Coyle, Michael: Sailing vessels of Annagassan and Dunany in the County Louth [with folding table], 264.

Gosling, Paul & Millar, Gerry: A group of prehistoric artefacts from Glaspistol, near Clogherhead, Co. Louth, 265-273.

Garry, James: Townland survey of County Louth : Beaulieu, 274-284.

Mac Aodha, Breandán S.: Rian an Bhéarla ar Ainmneacha na mBailte Fearainn i gContae Lú, 285-287.

Rynne, Etienne: A word-list from the neighbourhood of Kilkerley, Co. Louth, 288-292.

Gosling, Paul: Burial vault, Haggardstown. Co. Louth, 293-296.

Mallon, Patrick; Power, Patrick F.; Ross, Noel & Swan, Allan B.: Gravestone inscriptions: St. Mary's "Abbey", Louth, 297-317.


CLAHJ volume XX number 1 (1981)

Gailey, Alan: Three houses with outshot in North Louth and South Armagh, 3-9.

Jerman, James A.: The 'Sheela-na-Gig' carvings of the British Isles: suggestions for a re-classification, and other notes, 10-24.

McKeown, Micheál: Townland survey of County Louth: Mullacrew, 25-30.

Mac Aodha, Breandán S.: Ainilísiú cainníochtúil ar bhuneilimintí ainmneacha na mbailte fearainn i gContae Lú, 31-35.

Fitzgerald, John: The Drogheda textile industry, 1780-1820, 36-48.

King, Heather A.: Clermont Cairn, 49-50.

Wilson, Maureen: Old title deeds of County Louth: further Dundalk deeds, 1718-1856, 51-56.

Garry, James: Gravestone inscriptions in Beaulieu, 57-60.


CLAHJ volume XX number 2 (1982)

Barrett Gillian F.: Ring-fort settlement in County Louth: sources, pattern and landscapes, 77-95.

Rice, Gerard: Four wills of the Old English merchants of Drogheda, 1654-1717, 96-105.

Clarke John P.: Prehistoric rock inscriptions near Dundalk, County Louth, 106-116.

Duffy, Patricia: Cholera in County Louth, 1832-39, 117-126.

Mac Aodha, Breandán S.: Mionainmneacha Chontae Lú, 127-143.

Cooney, Gabriel: A polished stone axehead from Beltichburne townland, near Drogheda, 144-146.

Mallon, Patrick & Ross, Noel: Gravestone inscriptions in Clonmore, 147-155.


CLAHJ volume XX number 3 (1983)

Ross, Noel: The historical writings of Diarmuid Mac Íomhair, 175-179.

Mac Iomhair, Diarmuid: The Carmelites in Ardee, 180-189.

Wilson, Maureen: Dundalk Poor-Law Union Workhouse: The first twenty-five years, 1839-64, 190-209.

King, Heather A.: The Ardee Cross, 210-214.

Barrett, Gillian F.: The reconstruction of proto-historic landscapes using aerial photographs: case studies in County Louth, 215-236.

Cahill, Mary: A baptismal font at Wyanstown, Co. Louth, 237-296.

Mallon, Patrick & Ross, Noel: Gravestone inscriptions in Dunany and Salterstown, 240-244.


CLAHJ volume XX number 4 (1984)

Bradley, John: Ardee: an archaeological study, 267-296.

Rice, Gerard: The seventeenth-century tokens of County Louth, 297-313.

Bellew, The Hon. Bryan E.: Drumgooter: a tenant farm in the 18th and 19th centuries, 314-318.

Corcoran, Moira: Two Drogheda voters' lists: 1798 and 1802, 319-333.

King, Heather A.: A possible market cross fragment from Drogheda [including handlist of pietàs in Ireland], 334-339.

Mallon, Patrick & Ross, Noel: Gravestone inscriptions in Mayne, 340-355.


CLAHJ volume XXI number 1 (1985)

Power, Patrick F.: Allan Beresford Swan: an appreciation, 5-7.

Bradley, John: The medieval borough of Louth: an archaeological study, 8-22.

Casey, Christine: John Neville: Louth County Surveyor, 23-30.

O'Sullivan, Harold: A 1575 rent-roll, with contemporaneous maps, of the Bagenal estate in the Carlingford Lough district, 31-47.

Campbell, Kieran: A medieval tile kiln site at Magdalene Street, Drogheda, 48-54.

Rice Gerard: The seventeenth-century tokens of County Louth, 55-71.

van Hoek, Maarten A. M.: The destroyed rock-art site at Ballinloughan, County Louth, 72-77.

Cooney, Gabriel: Stone axes of County Louth: a first report, 78-99.


CLAHJ volume XXI number 2 (1986)

Ó Muirí, Réamonn: The burning of Wildgoose Lodge, 117-147.

Rice, Gerard: The seventeenth-century tokens of County Louth (continued), 148-156.

McHugh, Ned: Famine and distress in Drogheda during 1847, 157-178.

Kelly Eamonn P.: Ringed pins of County Louth, 179-199.

Mac Aodha Breandán S.: Léiriú Phríomhlonnaíochtaí Lú ar na Léarscáileanna, 1573-1864, 200-207.

Mallon, Patrick & Ross, Noel: Gravestone inscriptions in Port, 208-218.


CLAHJ volume XXI number 3 (1987)

Duffy, Seán: Art Murphy and Gaelic literary activity in the Dundalk area in the 1820s, 231-256.

Clarke, John P.: Notes on the devolution of title to the Manors of Louth, Castlering and Ash, County Louth, 257-273.

Manning, Conleth: A cist grave at Newtownbalregan, 274-278.

Cooney, Gabriel: A second Early Bronze Age burial at Tankardsrock, Co. Louth and the Early Bronze Age landscape of North Co. Louth, 279-286.

Carroll, Frank & Murphy, Donald: A second souterrain at Termonfeckin, 287-289.

Buckley, Victor M.: Newly discovered cropmark sites near Port, County Louth, 290-293.

Buckley, Victor M.; Gowen, Margaret & Vaughan, Alan: Analysis of the petro-morphology of a destroyed fulacht fiadh at Castlebellingham, Co. Louth, 294-296.

McHugh, Ned: The Drogheda Parliamentary election of 1847 and its aftermath, 297-310.

Flynn, Ann: Townland survey of County Louth: Charlestown, 311-321.


CLAHJ volume XXI number 4 (1988)

Duffy, Seán: Antiquarianism and Gaelic revival in County Louth in the pre-Famine era, 343-368.

Cole, William: Netherlandish glass in County Louth, 369-390.

Smith, Brendan: The murder of Richard Gernon, Sheriff of Louth, 1311, 391-393.

Brindley, Anna L.: Aghnaskeagh A, County Louth: the portal dolmen and the cemetery cairn, 394-397.

Murphy, Donald: Townland survey of County Louth: Termonfeckin, 398-406.

Lynch, Anthony: Five documents of Drogheda interest from the Registers of the Archbishops of Armagh, 407-414.

O'Sullivan, Harold: The plantation of the Cromwellian Soldiers in the Barony of Ardee, 1651-1656, 415-452.


CLAHJ volume XXII number 1 (1989)

Smith, Brendan: The Bruce Invasion and County Louth, 1315-18, 7-15.

Bradley, John: The Chantry College, Ardee, 16-19.

Ó Saothraí, Séamas: William Neilson, DD MRIA (1774-1821), 20-28.

Corcoran, Moira: Three eighteenth century Drogheda letters, 29-35.

Murtagh, Ben: Hatch's Castle, Ardee, County Louth: a fortified town house of the Pale, 36-48.

Wilson, Maureen: Shewell's Lane, Lord Limerick's demesne wall and the Elgee Family, 49-53.

Geraghty, P.J.: Ardee and its Market Square, 1790-1870, 54-66.

O'Sullivan, Harold: The Landed Gentry of the County of Louth in the Age of the Tudors, 67-81.

Ross, Noel: Gravestone inscriptions in Smarmore, Stickillin and Shanlis, 82-89.


CLAHJ volume XXII number 2 (1990)

Walsh, Katherine: Richard Fitzralph of Armagh († 1360) Professor-Prelate-'Saint', 111-124.

Cooney, Gabriel: The Mount Oriel Project: an introduction, 125-133.

O'Mahony, Canice: Iron rails and harbour walls: James Barton of Farndreg, 134-149.

Garry, James: Townland survey of County Louth: Mell, 150-165.

Brophy, Garrett: Joseph Dolan M.A.: first president Louth Archaeological Society, 166-177.

Cooney, Gabriel; O'Carroll, Finola; Grogan, Eoin & Mandal, Stephen: Stone axes of County Louth: a second report, 178-186

O'Sullivan, Harold: Military operations in County Louth in the run-up to Cromwell's storming of Drogheda, 187-208.


CLAHJ volume XXII number 3 (1991)

Gosling, Paul: From Dún Delca to Dundalk: the topography and archaeology of a medieval frontier town, A.D. c.1187-1700, 221-353.


CLAHJ volume XXII number 4 (1992)

Casey, Christine: Joseph Ravell's A Map of the Town and Suburbs of Drogheda 1749, 361-363.

Murphy, Donald: The distribution of Early Christian monastic sites and its implications for contemporary secular settlement in County Louth, 364-386.

Ó Floinn, Raghnall: Two medieval seals from County Louth, 387-394.

Moran, Gerard: Philip Callan: The rise and fall of an Irish Nationalist MP, 1868-1885, 395-411.

Garry, James: Townland survey of County Louth: supplementary notes to townland survey of Beaulieu, 412-416.

Gleeson, Carol and Moore, Dermot G.: Excavation at Tholsel Street, Carlingford, 417-426.

Ross, Noel: Kilmalloo: A previously unrecorded church site, 427-429.

O'Sullivan, Harold: The Jacobite Ascendancy and Williamite Revolution and confiscations in County Louth, 1684-1701, 430-445.

Faulkner, Pádraig and Ross, Noel: Gravestone inscriptions in Dunleer, 446-452.


CLAHJ volume XXIII number 1 (1993)

Mitchell, Frank and Tuite, Breeda: The Great Bog of Ardee, 7-95.

Faulkner, Pádraig: Education in the Parish of Dunleer, 97-114.

McCullen, John: The account books of James McCullen, Builder, 1817-1877, 115-126.

McCarthy, Timothy and Ross, Noel: Gravestone inscriptions in Haynestown, 127-133.


CLAHJ volume XXIII number 2 (1994)

Bellew, Tom: Michael Kieran 1803-1869, parish priest of Dundalk 1849-1869, Archbishop of Armagh 1866-1869, 145-180.

Finegan, Joanna: The role of the printed word in Drogheda up to 1815: a case study of print production and consumption in provincial Ireland, 181-213.

Ross, Noel: The site of Warren's Gate, Dundalk, 214-217.

Faulkner, Pádraig: The clergy of the Parish of Dunleer, 218-230.

Ross, Noel: A survey of the estate of Lord Louth in 1832-1833, 231-239.

Hodgers, Don: The Salterstown surface collection project, 240-268.


CLAHJ volume XXIII number 3 (1995)

Geraghty, P.J.: Urban improvement and the erection of municipal buildings in County Louth during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, 295-317.

O'Mahony, Canice: 'Made in Manisty's', 318-328.

Gregory, Niall: River Boyne, Stalleen townland, County Meath: excavation report, 329-335.

Matthews, Frank: Powder and Ball Platoon: memories of service with the LDF in County Louth during the Emergency, 336-339.

Ross, Noel: Burns' associations with County Louth, 340-343.

O'Sullivan, Harold: Women in County Louth in the seventeenth century, 344-374.

Ross, Noel: Cess payers of Killincoole Parish, 1833, 375-376.


CLAHJ volume XXIII number 4 (1996)

Ruxton, William: The Ruxtons of Ardee, 387-392.

Duffy, Patrick J.: Aspects of Famine and the Farney landscape, 393-404.

O'Sullivan, Harold: An arbitration award regarding intermixed lands in the Parish of Dysart, dated 1671, 405-412.

McConnon, Mary P.: The Kilmainham Gaol registers 1798 to 1823: List of convicts from County Louth, 413-437.

Faulkner, Pádraig: A County Louth farm on the eve of and during the Famine: Burren Farm accounts book, 1839 to 1848, 438-451.

Halpin, Eoin: Excavations at St Mary d'Urso, Drogheda, County Louth, 452-509.


CLAHJ volume XXIV number 1 (1997)

O Néill, Pádraig: The Fortescues of County Louth, 5-20.

O'Mahony, Canice: Diary of Piers Murphy of Corcreeghagh for 1858-1862, 21-38.

Coyle, Eugene A.: Talbot's Fencibles and the Drogheda mutiny, 39-50.

Clinton, Georgina: Relief Committee membership in the Union of Dundalk during the Great Irish Famine, 51-59.

Murtagh, Michael: Father John Sproule Keenan: Classical and Mercantile Academy, Dundalk 1817-1823, 60-74.

Murphy, Donald: Archaeological excavations at the Magdalene Tower, Drogheda, County Louth, 75-128.

Clinton, Mark & Stout, Matthew: Two souterrains and an enclosure at Killally, County Louth, 129-134.

King, Philip: Bee boles at Cartanstown, County Louth, 135-138.

Thornton, David E.: Early Medieval Louth: the Kingdom of Conaille Muirtheimne, 139-150.


CLAHJ volume XXIV number 2 (1998)

O'Sullivan, Harold: The background to and the events of the insurrection of 1798 in Dundalk and North Louth, 165-195.

Garry, James: Townland survey of County Louth (continued): Moneymore, 196-221.

Ross, Noel (ed.): The diary of Marianne Fortescue, 1797-1800, 222-248.

Marmion, Chevalier William F.K.: The Marmion family of Carlingford to 1660, 249-260.

Murphy, Deirdre: Archaeological excavation of a souterrain at Farrendreg, Dundalk, County Louth, 261-280.

Hall, Donal : The Louth Militia Mutiny of 1900, 281-295.

Ross, Noel : Old title deeds of County Louth: further Dundalk deeds: Seatown 1808-1819. 296-304.


CLAHJ volume XXIV number 3 (1999)

Conlon, Larry: The holy wells of County Louth, 329-356.

Ross, Noel (ed.): The Diary of Marianne Fortescue, 1797-1800 (continued), 357-379.

Ó hAnnracháin, Eoghan: Louth Wild Geese veterans in the Hôtel Royal des Invalides, 380-390.

Ross, Noel & Hall, Brendan: The Array of the Militia in County Louth in 1745, 391-406.

Eastwood, David M.: A history of the Eastwood family in Ireland, 1600-1850, 407-430.

Ó Drisceoil, Cóilín: A souterrain at Haynestown, County Louth, 431-434.

Ross, Noel: Darver burial register, 1787-1828, 435-436.


CLAHJ volume XXIV number 4 (2000)


Conlon, Larry: The holy wells of County Louth, (continued), 453-473.

Ross, Noel (ed.): The diary of Marianne Fortescue, 1816-1818, 474-503.

O'Sullivan, Harold: Dundalk harbour improvements in the nineteenth century,


Ross, Noel & Hall, Brendan: The Array of the Militia in County Louth in

1756, 531-540.

Roe, Sheila: The Roe family of Arthurstown, Charlestown, Glack and

Tallanstown, County Louth: their lives and times, 541-552.

McCormack, Finbar & Crone, Fiona J.: A destroyed enclosure at Site 5,

Marshes Upper, County Louth, 553-562.

Ross, Noel: A souterrain at Bellurgan, County Louth, 563-565.

Hall, Donal: A journey of remembering: Book of Honour, 566-567.


CLAHJ volume XXV number 1 (2001)

Index to Volumes I - XXIV, 1904-2000

Ross, Noel: Introduction, 5.

Ross, Noel: Author index, 7-34.

Ross, Noel: Subject index, 35-82.

Hall, Donal: Book Reviews, 83-93.


 CLAHJ volume XXV number 2 (2002)

Ross, Noel (ed.): The diary of Marianne Fortescue (continued), 1816-1818, 101-128.

O'Sullivan, Harold: Dundalk harbour improvements in the nineteenth century,


McHugh, Ned: Crime and punishment: Drogheda, 1830-1844. An analysis of returns of committals for trial, 151-178.

Foley, Dermot: Presbyterianism in Drogheda, 1652-1827, 179-188.

Ó Drisceoil, Cóilín: Recycled ringforts: the evidence from archaeological excavation for the conversion of pre-existing monuments to motte castles in medieval Ireland, 189-201.

Campbell, Kieran: Souterrain at Muirhevnamore, Marshes Upper, Dundalk, 202-207.

Ross, Noel (transcribed): Tombstone inscription [recte inscriptions] in Kane, 208-215.


 CLAHJ volume XXV number 3 (2003)

Cooney, Gabriel: Our Society (address at Centenary dinner), 241-245.

Johnston, Don: The Flurry Valley, 246-262.

King, Heather E.: Ardee Urban Archaeological Survey: some loose ends, 263-270.

McKeown, Micheál: Three new souterrains near Dundalk, 271-280.

McHugh, Ned: British Parliamentary Papers as a window on pre-Famine urban Ireland, with particular reference to Drogheda, 281-301.

Earl of Roden: Lord Limerick’s diaries of his Grand Tour on the Continent during 1716 and 1722–3), 302-335.

Conlon, Larry: A poteen affray at Ardee in 1808, 336-350.

Ross, Noel: Old title deeds of County Louth: Further Dundalk Deeds: Dowdallshill 1808–1819, 351-361.


 CLAHJ volume XXV number 4 (2004)


Johnston, Don: The Flurry Valley. Part II: economy of the Flurry Valley, 379-399.

Geraghty, P.J.: The Battle of the Boyne: a Victorian engineering controversy, 400-425.

Bellew, Séamus: Coats of arms and the Bellew family, 426-450.

Bolger, Teresa: Archaeological excavations at 24–25 West Street/Stockwell Lane, Drogheda, 451-470.

Carr, Tony: From Castlebellingham to the Bay of Islands—Tully Matthews, New Zealand’s first brickmaker, 471-474.

Ross, Noel: Memorial inscriptions in St. Nicholas’ parish phurch, Dundalk, 475-483.


 CLAHJ volume XXVI number 1 (2005)


Johnston, Don: The Flurry valley, part III, 5-26.

Okasha, Elizabeth: A cross-slab from Babeswood, County Louth, 27-30.

McQuade, Melanie: Archaeological excavation of a multi-period prehistoric settlement at Waterunder, Mell, Co. Louth, 31-66.

McKeown, Michael: Annagassan: a study of the Viking longphort, 67-79.

Stevens, Paul: A seventeenth-century coin hoard in Dundalk, 0-82.

Hodgers, Don: Richard Hadsor (c.1570–1635), the Solicitor for Irish Causes and Crown Counsel for Irish Affairs, 83-106.

Hall, Donal: The Louth Militia, 1850-1860, 107-121.

Foley, Dermot: Saint Mark’s Church, Fair Street, Drogheda, 122-133.

Bellew, Séamus: McClintock Inscriptions and Heraldry at Drumcar, 134-140.


 CLAHJ volume XXVI number 2 (2006)


McHugh, Ned: The Port of Drogheda, 1790–1850: an era of regeneration and resurgence, 149-326.